CHAPTER 27: Kevin's Staunch Devotion 1

Hao Shen's eye's went wide with shock 'if it was really poisonous, and you eat it, wouldn't you have gotten poisoned, and all this for someone you barely even know'. Somehow this thought made him feel upset.

He believed that, no matter how devoted anyone was, they should never risk getting poisoned for anyone else, he felt that Kevin was not taking his life seriously and this made him feel unsettled.

He didn't feel this way because he had grown some sort of feelings for Kevin, he saw Kevin as a friend and he just found it stupid that someone would risk his own life for something as stupid as infatuation.

Yes he didn't see this as love, he just thought that Kevin was infatuated with his looks, and he wanted to reprimand him for that, but after seeing the wide smile on Kevin's face, he honestly didn't want to be the one to turn that smile upsidedown, so he took a deep breath, kept his thoughts to himself, and put on a smile.

But dip down, he promised to give Kevin some gentle reminder later and If he doesn't listen to him then he would harshly reprimand him and if that also doesn't convince kevin, then he would leave Kevin to do as he wanted as long as it doesn't involve himself.

While thinking this Hao Shen didn't notice Kevin's change in expression, he raise his head to look at Kevin, showing his polite yet fake smile before giving him a stiff "thank you" that didn't sound convincing.

Kevin didn't know what went wrong, at first he was happy to have given Hao Shen his hunt, but after watching Hao Shen's reaction he felt a bit pained.

In the beast world being able to eat poison and surviving is a sign of strength, but having the courage to eat poison for a female is to show your dedication and willingness to die for her.

Which most females wouldn't see this as anything as they are use to it, while kinder females would appreciate this dedication.

But this female, not only did she not show appreciation, she actually showed signs of anger and then covered it with a smile, did she really think he did not see her reaction.

From when her eyes were bright to when her eyes lost its shine, he saw it all, 'could it be that I was over thinking earlier, and this female hadn't fallen for me, but she clearly said she couldn't bear staying alone without me, so why'.

He was confused and wanted to probe and ask her these questions, but he knew that this female was very secretive, if he started asking her the questions that were bugging him, she would know that he could see through her, but what if after she finds out, she starts hiding her facial expressions or worst, what if she decides to run away from him.

he really couldn't risk this, so he also kept his thoughts to himself and also wore a fake smile, but Hao Shen didn't notice the slight change as he wasn't paying attention, and couldn't tell the difference between his initial smile and his current smile.

They were both looking at each other with fake smiles, while keeping their thoughts to themselves.

Almost at the same time they both put the important matters at the back of their minds, and put their thoughts on their current dilemma.

While Kevin was waiting for Hao Shen to eat the fruits he brought back, Hao Shen was waiting for Kevin to leave the cave so that he could wash the fruits.

They both stayed their and waited for each other, but after waiting and waiting, Hao Shen still didn't eat the fruits, and Kevin still didn't leave the cave.

Hao Shen could only look at the fruits with eager eyes then look back at Kevin than look back at the fruits, this went on and on untill Kevin finally understood that Hao Shen wanted to be left alone.

After realizing this Kevin awkwardly stood up and left the cave, he was sad that he wasn't able to watch his female eat the first food he hunted for her.

In the beast world, their was this little tradition in which after a female selects her mates or after the female agrees to accept a male as her new mate, the male beastman would have to hunt the best prey for her.

And if she like it the male beastman would be allowed to mate with her, but if she doesn't like the prey that the beastman hunted, then the beastman would have to keep hunting for prey she would like, or the beastman would get kicked out and would no longer be accepted as her mate.