CHAPTER 79: Making A Pot 1

Hao Shen went through the herbs that was left laying around, he saw some ginger in the corner, of course it was also piled up with ginseng, tumeric and some other medicinal roots, looking at how disorganized the whole thing was, rose up his anger.

Hao Shen liked to see things properly organized, especially when it came to items for cooking. seeing things mixed up would drive him crazy, but then again, this was neither his house nor his kitchen, so he swallowed down his anger and picked out an amount of ginseng, garlic and liquorice roots. If he wanted to make the Sheng Hua Tang, he would need some ginseng, safflower, liquorice root, dried peach kernel and szechuan lovage root. But he was only able to barely find some liquorice roots and ginseng, how was he supposed to find the others.

After Hao Shen brought out the ginseng, ginger and liquorice roots he wanted to use, he put them to the side before going to look for other herbs. By now Hao Shen understood a little of how Vince had arranged his herbs. the beastman would put all the herbs that looked alike in one pile, and this knowledge helped Hao Shen searched faster.

Hao Shen was only able to find ginseng, ginger, liquorice root and some safflower. And it was obvious that liquorice Root was not even considered a herb in the mix, it seems that Vince found it interesting and picked some of it on the way, there was just a few piece here.

In the end they were not enough to brew, but since he had no choice, he would use them anyway. what stressed Hao Shen out the most, was the fact that he couldn't find all the herbs needed for the tea, and if he brewed the tea with the little he could find, the herbal tea would turnout incomplete. Hao Shen didn't know if the incomplete form of Sheng Hua Tang would do it's job properly, but without a choice, he just had to make it and hope it helps Lisa.

While Hao Shen was still going through the piles hoping he find the remaining herbs, Reid had returned with the rock that Hao Shen asked for and place it on the floor.

Hearing the ruckus, Hao Shen came out to see what had happened. Reid had carelessly dropped the rock on the floor, thankfully only some  small stones broke off the rock, Hao Shen hoped it hadn't gotten weak in the inside, if it had, the pot would brake apart while it was still being made.

Hao Shen didn't say anything about Reid's mistake and asked "Kevin can you shape this rock into a circle?", Kevin didn't answer as he didn't know what shaping the rock into a circle meant, he just kept looking at Hao Shen sporting a confused expression.

'This beastman can't even understand this simple instruction, how do I explain making a hollow in the rock, sigh (⁠-⁠_⁠-⁠;⁠)', Hao Shen smacked his forehead in defeat at Kevin's cluelessness. he looked around and found a tree branch, he went ahead and picked it up, then used it to draw a circle on the floor trying his very best to make it a perfect circle.

When he was done drawing the circle he pointed at it with the stick "like this, make the rock look like this".

Finally understanding what Hao Shen wanted, Kevin extended his nails into sharp claws and started scraping at the rock, slowly chipping away the rocky edges.

Beast men naturally found these kinds of things easy to do, after all, they had to carve out their own homes and ensure the walls are smooth, just so their female don't get injured.

Hao Shen ensured that Kevin wasn't having trouble carving the rock, before he left him to speak to Reid showing him the branch in his hand, "Reid, I need you to find some dry branches, they have to be as dried as this one, but they don't have to be the exact size or length, just make sure it's a dead wood." he handed the branch to Reid and focused on his own task.