CHAPTER 80: Making A Pot 2

Hao Shen went back to the cave and brought out the ingredients he found, he put them next to his backpack that was laying on the floor, opening his backpack, he brought out the knife and refilled plastic bottles, he had planned to use the water for something else but with the current situation, he had to use them now.

He only had three refilled water and two bottle waters left, Hao Shen calculated how he was going to use the water and it was clearly not enough, even if he manage the water appropriately he still wouldn't have enough.

It was obvious he couldn't use the bottled water as that was for his own consumption, and Andri had worked hard to create clear water for him so he couldn't use that for washing the herbs either.

He needed more water, but going all the way back to the lake was a waist of time. Hao Shen paused to mull things over, in the end, he decided, asking Reid for water when he gets back was his best option. Hao Shen started pealing and cutting the herbs, deciding to wash them later.

.....

It didn't take long for Kevin to finished making a big round ball out of the rock, Reid was yet to return, and Hao Shen decided to move to step two of making a pot out of a rock. Hao Shen asked Kevin to put the rock on the floor, after he did that Hao Shen instructed him to cut a straight line off the surface of the ball, to make that part of the rock flat.

After Kevin did that, Hao Shen asked him to put that flat part on the floor, he looked at the rock while thinking of the next steps, Hao Shen asked Kevin to do the same to the other surface, but after Kevin did that Hao Shen felt it didn't look wide enough.

Despite it being exactly the same as the other, Hao Shen had decided that this would be the top of the pot and as the top, it had to be wider than the bottom.

Calculating how wide he wanted the pot to be, Hao Shen showed Kevin were to carve from. After Kevin redid the carving, Hao Shen was satisfied with the current result.

It was time to make a lid for the pot. At first, Hao Shen wanted Kevin to cut out the lid from the pot but looking at the pot he realized it wouldn't suffice, deciding to use another rock, Vince's door in particular, Hao Shen explained to Kevin how to make the pot lid out of Vince's bolder.

As Hao Shen was explaining in details, his eyes lit up when he saw that reid had returned. "you can drop the wood on the floor, I'll attend to it later, for now, I need you to get me some water, it doesn't have to be clear water, but it doesn't have to be dirty either, please hurry, we don't have that much time". Reid put down the woods and left for the water.

Hao Shen watched Kevin making the lid as he made adjustments here and there, not long later, Reid came back holding two bowls in his hands and a sea shell on his head, he was walking slowly but steadily not to spill the water in the bowls he was carrying.

Seeing those bowls Hao Shen was surprised, the two bowls in Reid's hands were made out of large clam shells, joined together with some smaller clam shells, and the sea shell on his head was quite big with a flat bottom to make it stay still, they were all intricately designed, like an artist took his time molding them, but knowing the kind of place he was Hao Shen believed that this was naturally made with some modifications by the beast men. All in all the bowls looked amazing, and Hao Shen wanted to admire them.

But without much time, Hao Shen walked forward and attempted to help Reid put the bowls down, but with how heavy the bowls were and how frail Hao Shen was, he was only able to take the sea shell from Reid after Reid had bent down a little to let him reach his head.