CHAPTER 37: Kevin's Strangely Wired Brain 1

But that did not last long.

every thing changed when the only person he listen to, loved and trusted betrayed him for no apparent reason.

He slowly broke down, a lot of emotions he didn't understand hit him all at once, it felt like his world was distorting into something he could no longer recognize.

Before he could fully grasp that the love of his life had rejected him in the worst possible way, the world he had always called his home also rejected him, telling him he had no right to call it his home, and unless he save another world and earn that right back, he was not allowed to go back home.

Although this was not exactly how things actually happened, that was how Hao Shen perceived it.

Hao Shen felt truly drained emotionally. He also recalled the embarrassing situation between himself and Kevin. Hao Shen didn't know what to say about their current circumstances, his eyes automatically turned to look at the neglected Kevin that had been standing at the side the whole time watching him.

Although Hao Shen had noticed someone staring at him when he woke up, he was just to occupied with his thoughts that he didn't bother looking. It was only when he purposely thought of that fellow that he noticed him.

He told himself yesterday that he would clarify things with Kevin, he was tired of this little misunderstanding between them, so he would clear things up the moment he saw him.

But now that he was calm and Kevin was right in front of him, he was not sure of how to put it.

Although he was pissed off by the fact that Kevin still saw him as a female, he was still more scared of what will happen if he didn't put his words nicely.

To be honest the only reason he was still scared was because he had never been good with his words, for example, right now he just wanted to say 'hey, Kevin I'm a man, so deal with it' he was sure that would be his one way ticket to hell.

As long as he's not planning on dieing so quickly he has to think things thoroughly, but first of all he had to ease the awkwardness in the room.

Hao Shen and Kevin had been staring at each other for a while now, and Hao Shen couldn't take it anymore and broke the awkward silence with a "Good morning, how was your night".

As soon as he spoke, he notice how dry his throat was, with that thought, he somehow forgot about Kevin again and just kept wondering why his throat was like that, He was completely unaware of Kevin's anxiousness.

Kevin had gone to the forest earlier and brought back the fruits Hao Shen ate the other day, he kept it next to her anticipating her reaction when she saw it but to his confusion, she woke up and didn't even look at the fruits or himself, she didn't even say a word and just sat there looking at her laps.

As if she was pondering on something, Kevin was also looking at her intensely trying to figure out what she was thinking about when she suddenly moved her attention from her laps to him which startled him.

Her eyes were a little cold and unfeeling, which got Kevin nervous 'why is she looking at me like that did she figure something out?'. Her gaze was so scary that he wanted to just tell her all that had happened last night but he somehow found a way to suppress the fright he felt and didn't say a word afraid of what would happen if he did.

In other to comfort himself and to feel less afraid, he told himself that Hao Shen was only testing him with her eyes trying to get some words out of him.

that was why Hao Shen was only staring at him but not saying anything but it was coincidentally after he thought that, that Hao Shen also decided to break their awkwardness.

Which to Kevin it was like a death sentence. 'she said good morning! is she referring to what happened this morning when I was happy that she was hugging me? I thought she was sleeping and she also asked how was my night! Does she also know what had happened at that time as well, am I going to be in trouble?'(⁠;⁠ŏ⁠﹏⁠ŏ⁠).