Sesshomaru never yells back. Sesshomaru has a composed personality, so why is he like this?

I unconsciously sit on the bed facing Sesshomaru's side and reach out to hold his face with my left hand, but the moment I approach him, he takes a big step back away from me. 

"Zuri," he utters my name which snaps me back to reality and for me to look at my hand in wonder. 

What was I doing? 

I place my hand on my mouth while recalling doing the same thing to Toga. What is happening to me? It's as if I have no control over my body. I look up at Sesshomaru, trying to find him, but once again my vision starts narrowing, leaving me to hardly utter a few words before passing out, "I'm sorry."

I'm not sure how long I was out, but when I finally open my eyes, I see Sesshomaru, Toga, Inukimi and Izayoi in my room which startles me so I sit straight in panic and breath heavily that's when I notice the sun lighting up my room. I glance at the balcony, and my breathing calms down a little bit.

I hide my face in my hand in shame and say, "I don't know what are the right words to say, but I will start with an apology. I apologize for being rude to Inu no Taisho. I don't know what came over me when I saw you covered in wounds." I bite my lip and remove my hand then clench onto the covers while avoiding eye contact with anyone. I really don't want to see any of their reactions because I am sure I will see disappointment in them.

"I-" I hesitate for a moment before continuing, "I caused you all so much trouble. I wish to go back to-" 

Before I can finish my words, Izayoi approaches me and holds my face in her hands while lovingly saying, "You didn't cause us trouble. You are trying to make changes to the future and we truly appreciate that, but before we can go any further, we need to take care of you because you are in pain, my dear."

Tears drop from my eyes, and I lower my head to hide myself from the demons standing silent amid this storm of emotions. I have not an inkling of what happened to me in the past two days, and I'm sure they have no clue either.

For the next couple of days according to Sesshomaru, my scent didn't change at all. However, my relationship with Toga has changed drastically. He never visited my room, and whenever we crossed paths, we would only give a slight bow as a greeting without actually exchanging any words. I have no idea what triggered him that much to go into a berserker mood and ignore all my warnings about not going after Ryukotsusei.

I once thought of starting a conversation with him when I saw Tensaiga is back in his sword collection, but the only thing he uttered was, "I have other matters to attend to." He is definitely mad at me was the only thing that crossed my mind.

On the other hand, my relationship grew more substantial with Inukimi which is something I never expected to happen. That woman has so much more in common with me than I thought. She has such an artistic taste that made my mouth drop. The ceiling in Izayoi's room was actually her doing. 

I shuffle through a book I picked from one of the shelves in the library and uneasily glance at Inukimi from one moment to the other while she reads the book she is immersing herself in. "What is it that you want to say?" She says without taking her eyes off the book.

I clear my throat and hesitantly answer, "Do you know what Inu no Taisho is up to? It's been a week since I woke up, and he hasn't gone after Takemaru yet."

"You should ask him yourself. I'm not your messenger," She answers which makes me sigh.

"I know, but things are awkward between us for some reason," I say as I lay back on the chair and look at the high ceiling, trying to see the engravings on it. 

Inukimi sighs and closes her book, making me give her my attention and ignore the ceiling. "Zuri, my dear. I will tell you something fundamental, and I'm sure you already know it, but I will share it anyway. Dog demons are stubborn, prideful and possessive. So tell me dear, which one did you cross?" She says, making me tilt my head and think of all the possibilities while voicing them all out to her.

"He might have gone after Ryukotsusei out of stubbornness, but Inu no Taisho isn't thoughtless which means there is another reason. He might have felt like his pride is on the line because I have been insisting that he can't end Ryukotsusei without help, or that might be simply him being possessive over Izayoi, but what does that have to do with me? Why is he angry at me?" I say in frustration and rest my head on the table in defeat.

"I already apologized to him, and I know he doesn't hold grudges so what did I do?" 

▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬•▬

What do you think is Toga's problem with Zuri? 🤔

Ah, I'm currently not at home, so forgive me if you find grammatical errors. 

See you later 🍬

-👑 Noorie.