"May I sit?" she then asked since I didn't answer her first question. I nodded scooting over a little more on the bench allowing her enough room to sit beside me.

I let out a heavy sigh.

"I don't know what to do," I confessed.

"I know where Aj is. Jeremy told me. He told me a lot of things actually." I half-mumbled. Evereigh was just looking straight ahead of her, her eyes scanning her garden.

"He said that my stepfather was behind this all. I don't understand why? I don't understand why he's doing this to my family. Does my mother know about this? How about Mia? Are they safe?" all of a sudden the impact of Jeremy's revelations hit me all at once.

"I need to ring them, I need to know they are safe. Aj needs me, what I am doing just sitting around? I need to tell Damon." I exclaimed, jumping out of my seat ready to run back in.

"Honey sit." was all Everleigh said.

"You can't go back in frantic or you'll make everyone frantic and Damon is already out for blood. He needs to calm down and so do you. That's how people get killed. So sit."

I obeyed and sat back where I was, taking a sip of my tea.

"Tell me more about what Jeremy said." she continued.

So I did. I told her everything that Jeremy had told me, from Steven wanting me dead to how my whole relationship with him was a lie.

"What's Steven's name? As in his full name, do you know it?" she asked next.

I was taken aback by her question. For some reason, it seemed odd to me that she would ask this but then I just brushed it off thinking she had to get Amelia to do a background check on him or something.

"Steven O'tool," I spoke, taking a sip of my tea. I glanced over to Everleigh, her face pale.

"You sure it's O'tool?" she repeated, I just nodded confirming what she had asked.

"We need to get going, honey. This is worse than I thought."

I stood up with her as we rushed back to the house. The urgency in her voice sent me into a panic again. She was so calm and collected earlier which had calmed me down so much and it was nice to be able to tell her all that I knew before I confessed it all to Damon but now her whole demeanor changed. I didn't dare ask her why all of a sudden she was rushing back to the house, quite frankly I was too scared to know.

Once we made it back to the kitchen, she threw her cup of tea in the sink and placed the cup by the edge of it. I just copied her actions, following closely behind her as she made her way up the stairs to Asher's office, where I'm assuming the rest of the boys were.

She didn't bother to knock, she just barged in. My eyes caught Damon's. Surprise and concern washed through them as he saw both his mother and I at the threshold of the office.

"Angel, what's the matter?" Asher could sense that whatever Everleigh found out from our conversation was serious enough to just barge in unannounced.

"Can we please have the room to ourselves? I have a few things I need to discuss with your father before I can share them with the group." Everleigh politely shooed us all out of the room with no further explanation, closing the door in Damon's face.

"What the hell was that all about?" Alex blurted out, voicing all of our thoughts.

I just stood there, not too sure what to do with myself now that I was faced with Damon and having abruptly taken them all out of the office.

"Why did Mum need to speak to Dad about something that none of us were allowed in to listen to?" he continued.

"I was talking to her in the garden about my stepdad and all of a sudden she just up and left to come here. She never said why." I confessed.

"Why were you talking about Steven? What does he have to do with any of this?" Damon asked. His voice was so deep I could feel it from the top of my ears to the tip of my toes.

I didn't get the time to answer when Everleigh and Asher opened the door to the office back up again. We all got ushered in and took a seat wherever possible. Damon took a seat next to me, I could feel the anger radiating off his body, but he still reached for my hand and tugged it back to his lap, running small circles with his thumb on my skin. The small gesture calmed us both down and kept us connected somehow.

"Judging by the looks on all of your faces I take it Emrys has said that her stepdad, Steven, is involved in all of this." Asher started addressing the whole room.

"What we didn't know is that Steven is not only your stepfather Emrys but also is somehow related to you Damon." Everleigh continued.

Shock filled the room. I could feel Damon tense beside me.

"Related to me?" was all that Damon managed to get out.

"You both share the same last name," Everleigh explained further.

"My last name is Mortimer. I'm one of you," he argued.

"Your old name honey. Before I found you. You were an O'tool."

_____________________________
Hi loves,
It's been a hot minute but here's a new chapter!
I know it's not the best but I'm hoping the next few chapters will make up for the past few shitty ones...
I got really knocked down by a comment on the previous chapter I updated on here which really made me second think the whole book and quite frankly i didn't want to write anymore. I've been trying to get back into writing more regularly and have loads more books i want to share with you all and tbh it's been hard to find any motivation and getting that comment which was not entirely wrong but very much uncalled for really threw a spanner in the works. Like I know my writing has been shit. I just need to get over this blockage. Before i officially publish this book i'll most likely go through it again and change things, i always do.

Anyways... rant over!
Please bear with me! We're slowly getting to the end of this book and I don't think yall are ready to see what's going to Happen for Damon and Emrys!
Fave parts? Any thoughts on what will happen next?
Much love
Xoxo
Also, as a reminder chapters get uploaded first on INKITT : follow me there and on Instagram (all linked on my profile) for updates and be the first to read new chapters!