Chapter Seventy-Four: A Proposal

Previously

Previously....

"What happened to the current Author?" I asked her.

"When he became the author he was trying to change the past, which, I'm sure you know, is a big no. So we agreed with the Apprentice to take away his powers to change stories." Atropos informed me. I then looked at Clotho.

"Where is the author?" I asked her.

"He's in Storybrooke." She answered me.

"You're kidding." I looked at her surprised. Then I looked at Lachesis. "Is looking for the author a bad idea?"

"Seeking the author will result in a new author who is more worthy of the title." Lachesis informed me.

...

"Tell me what you want with the author." He demanded.

"Because Regina deserves her happy ending." I admitted.

"Yet you're not looking to change yours?" He wondered.

"Look, these are the consequences of my actions, do I regret rebelling? No, I really don't." I told him.

"Go home, Melione." He ordered, "Don't come back unless asked."

"Fine." I sighed, rolling my eyes.

Now..............

Peter's POV...

Storybrooke...

With Mel in Olympus, I had a few things I needed to do. I was in our room, looking for the one thing I brought with me from Neverland, my mother's ring, the one I proposed to Mel with before she was taken by her father to the Underworld.

The ring wasn't in the place I put it, which concerned me, so I went to the one person I thought might have it, my father. I entered the pawn shop that he owned. "Peter, what do you want?" Gold asked me.

"Rumple, where is it?" I demanded.

"What are you talking about?" He sighed.

"My mother's ring." I said as if it was obvious. "It wasn't in the place I put it and the only person who could want anything to do with it is you. So, where is it?"

"Why would I want anything to do with Ingrid's ring?" He questioned.

"Because you are you, and you only think about yourself. I don't know what you could want with it but I need it." I sighed.

"You need it?" He chuckled, "You're planning on proposing to her don't you?"

"Well, last time it was botched by her father." I informed him. "I just haven't asked about it since I got her back."

"Yes, he usually does have bad timing, doesn't he?" Gold sighed, looking at me. "Look, Peter, I haven't seen it. I have no idea what happened to it. I'm telling the truth, it's not like you couldn't force the answer out of me anyway." I knew he had a good point, so I decided to trust him. "But you should probably ask Hades before you do."