Chapter Twenty-Two: The Seance

Previously

Previously.....

"If you cross the border, you lose your memory all over again." Leroy informed us.

"And coming back doesn't fix it?" Dr. Hopper asked.

"If it did, would I have come running in yelling 'terrible news'?! If we leave, our cursed selves become our only selves." The Dwarf glared. Then a commotion began.

"Hey!" I shouted, "Shut up!" And everyone did.

"Meet back here in two hours. I'll tell you my plan to fix everything." David said. Then when he started to leave I stopped him.

"I might have a way to get them back." I told him.

Now............

David then pulled me to the side by my upper arm. "What do you mean?" He asked, "I thought you had no way to get them back."

"It's something I forgot about." I admitted. "I had a magic bean that I ended up not using but I ended up stashing it in the foundation of a pub. So if we are able to contact them we can tell them."

"And how would we do that?" He asked me and just smirked.

"We are going to have a seance." I said with that smirk.

"I should've known it was going to be something like that." He sighed.

"I am the goddess of ghosts and spirits after all." I chuckled. "But first we have to figure out who we are going to contact. It has to be someone you trust. I don't know anyone who has died in the enchanted forest. So we need someone you trust." David looked at me.

"I know exactly who." He smiled.

"Who?"

"My mother, Ruth." He answered.

"She may have already crossed over, so we can try but we can get our hopes up." I warned him.

"Crossed over?"

"From the underworld. After that I can't control them." I admitted, "As long as they are in the Underworld, I can."

"Then why does it have to be someone I trust?" He asked.

"Because, it will reassure us both that the message gets through." I informed, "Usually, the way it works is people stay in the underworld when they have unfinished business. So usually people who have been killed, or any other reasons why they would have unfinished business but then tend to have untrustworthy people as well."

"Of course," He sighed, "If not my mother, my brother. James."

"You have a brother?"

"A twin, separated at birth." He sighed. "But if it wasn't for that, Snow and I would have never met."

"But do you trust him?"

"I don't even know him, but from what I understand he was a greedy, shallow prince."