Chapter Seventeen: Old Habits

Previously

Previously....

Emma left and Mary Margert was right behind her, heading out for school but when August tried to leave, I stopped him.

"Who are you really?" I asked him, my hand on the door.

"August Wayne Booth. Writer." He answered, sarcastically. My eyes changed, threatening him.

"Don't make me repeat myself."

Now...........

"Pinocchio, it's Pinocchio. Who? What are you?" He asked me. "More importantly, how do you remember and how do you have magic?"

"My real name is Melione. I'm the goddess of ghosts and spirits, daughter of Hades." I sighed. "My powers are stronger than some curse, I started remembering the moment Emma rolled into town. How did you avoid all of this and why come here?"

"My father put me in a magical wardrobe with Emma. It was my job to look out for her. Obviously I failed that mission but I came back because I started turning back into wood." He told me, pulling up his pant leg, revealing a wooden leg. "Can you do anything about this?"

"Right now all my magic is doing is protecting myself. I can't do anything else with it. I'm sorry." I sighed. "Break the curse, I may be able to but until then..."

"It's fine." He nodded. "Gold thought I was his son. Baelfire."

"It seems he is very protective of him." I commented.

"May I leave now, I would like to talk to Emma." He asked me, my hand on the door knob. I nodded, opening the door for him then he left in a rush. Our conversation lingered in my mind. I wondered who Baelfire really was and why when Gold mentioned him, the name sounded so familiar.

"Mel!" Baelfire shouted as he came running into the camp. With that I went running towards him in concern, knowing everyone was out hunting.

"What's wrong?" I questioned.

"I don't have much time." He panted. "You'll help me, right?"

"Help you with what?"

"Getting off Neverland." He told me.

"If that's what you truly want, Bae. I will talk to Peter about it but I can't promise-" He cut me off.

"Pan can't know." He told me. "He doesn't like that I want to leave in the first place."

"If it comes from me, he may accept it." I informed him.

"I just need out, Mel. I need to leave." He sighed.

"I knew this day would come." I sighed. "I can't create a portal, it's too risky. The only way to know you made it out alive is for me to come with you and I don't want to leave."