Chapter Thirteen: Heart In A Box

Previously

Previously......

"Okay, let's pack these back up, and we can eat it in the car. I need to do a little wilderness search, and I need your help, both of you." Emma looked at Ruby then to me.

"I'm pretty sure I'm just going to screw it up. I mean, I'll screw it up with flair, but..." The girl began.

"Ruby, you will do fine! I am sure of it!" I smiled.

"Are you sure? This is more Bex's field. I doubt you'll even need me." She chuckled.

"Come on. This will be- I was going to say fun but then realized how insensitive that was... so let's just say interesting." I chuckled and the two women just looked at me.

Now..............

Now after a quiet trip in the car with the radio humming a song we were in the woods looking for David. I was attempting to do what I did last time but Ruby had beat me to it and was able to find him. "This place is massive. How are we supposed to find one guy?" Ruby questioned.

"Shh, we may be able to hear him." Emma told her.

"It's massive."

"Bex, you got anything?" The sheriff questioned, then I could see it.

"Yeah, this way." I said then leading them.

"I shouldn't even be here. I'm just going to screw everything up. Oh, wait." Ruby began before stopping, making Emma bump into her.

"Ruby?"

"I hear him." The ex-waitress stated. We looked at her shocked before she took off into the woods and we followed her, and what she was hearing was correct. We found a bleeding and unconscious David for the second time ever. Emma kneels over him, trying to wake him up.

"David? Oh, god. Come on! David, come on! Wake up! David, wake up!" Emma begged. Then he woke up.

"Emma? What? Bex? Ruby?" David was obviously confused.

"Do you remember where you are?" The blonde immediately asked.

"No, I... What the hell? I was... I was in your office. Did you bring me here?" He said, referring to when she brought him in for interrogation on his wife's disappearance.

"You don't remember anything since you were in my office? Last night?"

"No, I don't."

"No, Absolutely not!" Peter objected to me going anywhere near the Jolly Roger.

"And why not?" I questioned.

"Because I don't trust Hook. With your knowledge of the Dark One, and his burning desire for revenge. Who knows what would happen? I don't want to take that chance." He explained, making a good point.