Chapter Thirty-Five: An Outsider's Truth

Previously

Previously...

"He didn't see nothin'?" Leroy asked.

"Free and clear." Emma nodded.

"I don't know." I sighed. "I think we need to keep an eye on him."

"Why?" Emma asked.

"He's been to Storybrooke before, probably during the curse but he has a spirit attached to him that seems so familiar I just can't put my finger on who it is." I admitted. "Then the spirit also laughed when he said he was texting and driving, so there is that."

"What are you thinking?" David asked me.

"I think he meant to come back here." I admitted, "I think he knew exactly what he was doing but the question is 'why?'."

"You got all that from not even talking to the guy?" Emma asked me.

"Yes, I did." I nodded, "Now if you excuse me, I have to find a way to talk to that spirit."

Now...........

It didn't take long for me to find the spirit that I needed to talk to. He had decided to wander the hospital until he decided to sit on the bench outside Mr. Mendell's room. Seeing him, I sat next to him, pulling out my phone, so if the newcomer saw me I didn't seem crazy.

"So you can see me?" The spirit next to me asked.

"I can." I confirmed.

"You'd be the first." He sighed. "I remember you." My head snapped to look at him.

"From where?" I wondered.

"From here." He told me.

"Storybrooke?" I questioned and he nodded.

"You were working with an older man, you called him 'Gold'." He looked at me. "My son has been in so much pain since he left her by himself."

"You didn't leave with him?" I asked and he shook his head.

"No, the mayor got to me. She wanted us to stay." He explained it to me.

"Well, don't go far..." I dragged it, not knowing his name.

"It's Kurt."

"Kurt."

***

After my conversation with Kurt, I knew who I needed to see. She wouldn't be very happy to see me but we needed to talk. So, I stood, pounding on Regina's front door until she answered me.

"What the hell do you want?!" Regina shouted at me, annoyed.

"I need to ask you a few questions." I told her.

"It's four in the morning. Can't this wait?" She asked me.

"Nope." I glared, inviting myself in.

"Yeah, sure, Bex. Come right in." She rolled her eyes. "What is this about?"