Chapter Twenty-Eight: Controlling The Wolf

Previously

Previously......

"Tell the truth." I demanded, looking into his eyes. "Where were you this morning around two this morning?" I repeated my question.

"At the dock." He told us in a haze.

"What were you doing at the dock?" I asked.

"Killing Billy." He told us before he snapped out of it and I went back to normal.

"Thank you." I smiled, "That will be all we need from you." David then stopped the recording and put the former king in handcuffs.

Now..............

With the former king in cuff and a confession video he had no choice but to confess but we had bigger issues at hand. We had to keep Ruby somewhere safe so she wouldn't be able to hurt anyone, especially since Spencer was going to be at the Sheriff's station. We had to find a different spot to protect her. So we went to the library, where we met Belle. "These should work." Ruby told us, holding a pair of shackles.

"Thanks for letting her hide here. With Spencer at the Sheriff's station, we couldn't take any chances." David told Belle.

"Of course. It's, uh... it's not every day you find out your friend's-" Belle began but Ruby cut her off.

"A monster?" Ruby sighed.

"No, I was going to say, werewolf but I don't think you're a monster." She told her.

"I'm staying." I told them.

"What?" They all looked at me.

"When day turns to night and Ruby turns, I am staying with her." I said.

"Bex, you can't, it's too dangerous." Ruby told me.

"I'm a goddess, I can't technically be killed." I looked at her, "If something happens to you I would never forgive myself, knowing I could have stopped it."

"Are you sure about this?" Granny asked me.

"Yes, Ruby is my best friend and she shouldn't have to go through this alone." I informed her.

"Okay then goddess, it's your decision." The old woman told me.

I knew what I said to Robin about Zelena, "Not to worry about her", but I was and I knew I couldn't put them in harm's way. The Merry men have done a lot for me, even if it was just letting me join them for a while. I was honored by it but all good things must come to an end sometime, so while everyone was sleeping I took my packed bag and left. I would miss them all, especially Roland.

It hurt my heart to leave them almost as much pain as I was in when I was forced away from my family, The Lost Boys and my true love, Peter Pan. I should have used the magic bean when I first got my hands on it, maybe then I wouldn't have been so attached to them but I thought I needed my own experiences, and I did.