Chapter Four: Kathyrn

Previously

Previously.........

"What's going on? Is it John Doe? Is he okay?" Mary Margaret asked.

"He's missing, isn't he?" I asked and Graham looked at me and so did everyone else.

"How did you know that?" The Sheriff asked me.

"I-I don't know." I sighed. Then Regina approached us.

"What the hell are you doing here? And you – I thought you were at the arcade. Now you're lying to me?" Regina asked her son.

"What happened to John Doe? Did someone take him?" Mary Margaret asked.

"We don't know yet. His IVs were ripped out but there's no sign for sure there's a struggle." Graham told us.

"What did you do?" Henry asked his mother.

"Henry, I don't think she had anything to do with this." I told him.

"Thank you, Bex." She smiled at me and I rolled my eyes. As the sound of yelling got louder, asking for help.

"It is curious that the mayor is here." Emma stated.

"I'm here because I'm his emergency contact." She told us.

Now.................

"You know him?" Mary Margaret asked, surprised.

"I found him. On the side of the road years ago with no ID. I brought him here." Regina told us.

"Mayor Mills saved his life." Dr. Whale said, making an appearance.

"Will he be okay?" The teacher asked.

"Okay? The man's been on feeding tubes for years on constant supervision. He needs to get back here right away or, quite honestly, 'okay' might be a pipe dream." The doctor told us.

"Well then, let's quit yapping and start looking." Emma told us.

"That's what we're doing? Just stay out of this, dear. And since I clearly can't keep you away from my son, I guess I'm just going to have to keep my son away from you. Enjoy my shirt, because that's all you're getting. Sheriff, find John Doe. You heard Dr. Whale. Time is precious." The Mayor told Emma before taking Henry and leaving.

"Bex, are you staying and helping look for him? We could really use your help." Graham asked.

"Yeah, I will." I nodded.

"Doctor, how long between your rounds since you last saw him?" The sheriff asked him.

"Twelve hours or so." He answered.

"Then that's what we need to account for." Graham told us and we headed to the security room where Walter and Leroy were.

"Why is she here? I'm caught up on my rent." Leroy said, referring to me.