Chapter Fifty: The Enchanted Forest

Previously

Previously......

"Peter. Stay away from them!" I demanded as Gold clamped on to Peter's shoulder, tugging him away from both Neal and Belle.

"I'm not going to let you touch either one of them." Gold told his bastard son.

"Oh, I'd like to see that." Peter sneered.

"Oh, you will. Because I have a job to finish, and I have to do whatever it takes. No loopholes. And what needs to be done has a price. A price I'm finally willing to pay." The dark one told him. Gold looked to Neal, "I used the curse to find you, Bae, to tell you I made a mistake. To make sure you had a chance at happiness." Peter laughed at him but I knew what was going to happen. "And that happiness is possible. Just not with me. I accept that."

"Pretty, pretty words." the boy chuckled.

"I love you, Bae." He said looking at his son, turning to Belle, "and I love you, Belle, you made me stronger."

"Stronger?"

"Yes."

"But still no magic?" Peter smirked.

"Oh, but I don't need it. You see, you may have lost your shadow, but there's one thing you're forgetting." Gold smirked.

"And what's that?" He rolled his eyes.

"So have I. I sent it away with something to hide." The dark one said, triumphantly. He raised his hand in the air summoning his shadow and so it came.

"No!" I cried. The shadow gave Gold his dagger and before he could stab Peter I slid between them, touching the dagger, ever so lightly.

"No!" Gold cried.

Then it all came rushing back and everything turned black.

Now..............

Peter's POV...

"Mel!" I shouted, cradling her in my arms, looking up at my father, "What did you do?!"

"She's remembering..." Rumplestilskin said, stumbling backwards in shock.

"Remembering what?" Emma questioned, everyone unfrozen.

"What she did." He answered. "There is a reason the dark one exists and it is to protect Melinoe because she was the reason the dark one was created."

"What did she do?" Regina asked with wide eyes.

"Worse than you." He told her and I looked up at him, Mel still in my arms.

"How long will it take for her to wake up?" I asked.

"I don't know. This was never supposed to happen." He looked at me. "But she will wake up. I do know that."

"She has to." I told him in a threatening tone.

"And she will." Baelfire said, "But you need to decide what side you are on for her. Are you going to continue to try and kill us or are you going to help stop the curse you enacted?"