Chapter Sixty-Two: Persephone

Previously

Previously.......

Then looking at Gold. "Grab your things, including your dagger."

"My dagger?"

"Yes, I may need my powers while I'm there." I admitted to him.

"So you want me to come just in case you need to kill me?" He wondered.

"No, that's not how this works." I chuckled, "But you probably already know, I don't have to stab you to get my powers back. I could just stab myself with the dagger, call it a day and nobody dies."

"Fine." Mr. Gold sighed, "Where and when?"

"In an hour, we'll come and pick you up." I nodded, "And make sure to bring your cane." I then turned and walked out the door. Peter and Ares following at my heel.

Now..............

Mel's POV......

The Lake.......

After packing a bag and picking up Gold, we made our way to the lake in Storybrooke. "The lake really?" Gold questioned.

"Charon can come from anywhere, it's just a matter of having the right money and it's easier to summon him here." I explained before looking at the dark one, "You should know this."

"Wait- what money?" Peter asked me and Ares laughed.

"When you die you take a ferry but you have to pay the ferryman in dachmas. If you don't, you're screwed. That's why you always see a coin in the mouth of someone who died, it's so they can ferryman." I informed him. "And not be stuck as a ghost forever. Most of the time people chose to stay in the underworld because they have unfinished business or the fact they can't pay to be at rest."

"And that's where Mel comes in." Ares stated. "It's her job to lead them, lately it's been your sister who's been taking over for you since the rebellion. I hope you know, she hates you for all of it."

"She hates me because dad wanted to marry me off to his errand boy. She can hate me as much as she wants, for whatever the reason." I scoffed.

"What if she rats you out?" Peter asked and I just shrugged.

"Well, it sounds like we'll just have to hope for the best." Gold sighed through his teeth. I could tell he thought this was a bad idea and honestly, he's not wrong.

"Basically." I agreed, "But I don't think she hates me that much but even then Zeus has no say in what happens in the underworld."

"Exactly, why do you think we are going there?" Ares agreed.

"What about Hades?" Peter asked, "He was the one who betrayed you last time."

"He was trying to keep her safe." The war god informed.

"You're not leaving without me." Emma said, making an appearance.

"If I had a choice, I would rather take Regina." I told the blonde, "You have magic but you don't know how to use it and you would just get in the way. It's best if you stay in Storybrooke. Besides, I only have enough dracmas for the four of us to get there and back."