Chapter Seventy-Two: A Healthy Talk

Previously

Previously....

"This feels inhumane." He commented.

"Well, it's a good thing I'm not human then." I chuckled. "Let's get down to business, shall we?" With that, I entered my true form. "Dark One, you will tell me the truth. Why did you decide to bring Ursula and Cruella to Storybrooke?"

"To bring back Maleficent." He told me, not wanting to tell me.

Now...........

"Why in hell would you want to bring her back?" I asked him.

"To kidnap Pinocchio." He began, "We thought turning him back to August Booth that he would know something about the author."

"Oh, I see what's going on." I nodded, "You want to find the author to rewrite your stories and make it so you have happy endings." That was when Cruella burst through the door.

"You bastard!" She shouted at him and I looked at her.

"Sit down and shut up." I ordered and she did. Cruella then looked at me confused, holding her face, trying to talk. "See Cruella, he doesn't have a choice but to tell me. Now wait your turn and go back to where you were." She then got up and left the interrogation room. "See I knew it was a good idea to talk to you first." I then sat down across from him, putting my feet on the table. "So I assume that you just want to have Belle back because she's the one who kicked you out. So, you are going to have to wear this for the time being." I told him, pulling out Peter's bracelet to stop him from using magic.

"I figured you'd still be in the Underworld." He told me.

"Nope, as you can tell I'm very much here." I chuckled. "It's not like Emma wouldn't have found a way to contact me if she heard you were coming back."

"Yes, Storybrooke's fixer of problems." He looked at me.

"Don't start that." I rolled my eyes. "No one's forcing me to do anything. We both know what happens when someone tries to force me to do something."

"You could get what you deserve."

"Shut up, Gold. I am happy where I am." I told him. "I wouldn't change a thing. I'm happy that I met Peter and my life makes me who I am and if you go back to change it that I won the rebellion you wouldn't have your power. So chill out and I won't have to take my powers back."

***

After interviewing Cruella and Ursula, and their stories lined up, we decided to lockdown the library for a while, making sure no one could get in the elevator that would take them to Maleficent's body, practically welding the door shut.

I sat in the library with Regina, waiting for the welder to get here. "Are you sure you're happy here?" Regina asked me.

"I am." I nodded, "You guys are like my family, I wouldn't trade this for the world."