Chapter Seventy: Chernabog

Previously

Previously....

"Is this it?" He asked.

"Yeah, it is." I nodded. "There is something else in here other than fairies."

"That, I can agree with." He nodded. "I think it's a demon."

"A demon?" Belle questioned.

"Not just any demon." He told us.

"No, it can't be." I looked at him, shocked.

"I'm pretty sure it is." He nodded.

"Who?" Emma asked.

"Chernabog." I answered, looking at them.

Now............

"Chern-what?" Emma questioned.

"Chernabog." I sighed.

"He's a protecting demon." My father added. "Someone was after the thing this one was protecting."

"The good news is that he can't exist without magic so if he leaves town, he will die." I explained.

"How do we contain it?" Regina asked.

"In the hat." Hades answered, pointing to the blue hat.

"Is that the only way?" Belle wondered.

"Basically." I sighed.

"So why don't we open it next to the town line?" The blonde suggested. "This Chern-whatever gets out of that hat and goes over the townline."

"That's actually not a bad idea." I nodded, "But we don't know for sure if he would fly that way but if we do it on the other side of the townline, the hat would seize to exist."

"You have a point of course, Mel, but if either one of us were to go we'd be able to do it." My father pointed out.

"But then we wouldn't have a way back in." I informed him. "So it really is our best bet."

"Then what are we waiting for?" Belle questioned, "Let's go get the faeries out of that hat."

"It won't take long." My father informed them.

***

With those words we left for the townline with the hat and it didn't take very long to release the fairies. "Thank you." Blue said to Emma, finally being released from the hat.

"You should be thanking them." Emma said, gesturing to me and my father.

"Thank you Bex, Hades." Blue looked at us before doing a double take, "Wait... Hades? Like the Greek God?"

"The very one." My father looked at her and nodded.

"Why are you here?" She questioned.

"Because my daughter called me." He shrugged. It was then when, what we assumed to be Chernbog, left the hat and he crashed into the barrier of the townline.