Chapter Twelve: Ruby

Previously

Previously.......

"Gold." I noticed.

"Bex." Gold sighed as I walked behind the booth.

"What are you doing here?" I questioned.

"I came to apologize." He told me and I looked at him with wide eyes.

"You? Mr. Gold? Apologize? That's surprising." I scoffed.

"Can I apologize without getting grief from you?" He questioned and I gave him a look and he knew the answer. "Yeah, should have known that answer."

"Yes." I nodded.

"I'm sorry." He sighed.

"For?" I questioned.

"Using you as muscle and hurting Moe French." He sighed.

"I accept your apology." I nodded.

"Will you come back home?" He wondered.

"No." I looked him in the eye.

"Why not?"

"Because I am happy where I am at, Gold." I sighed and then the power went out. "Now, I assume, I am about to have business, so if you could." So he moved out of the way, walking away. I was selling candles and Mary Margaret and Leroy joined me, helping me sell candles.

Now...............

What we didn't expect out of that night was for Emma to announce that Kathyrn, David's wife, was missing. Then Ruby quit her job at the diner. I was with Emma, walking down the street and Mary Margaret caught up with us. "Is he okay? David?" She asked Emma.

"Oh, yeah. He's a little shaken up, but he's headed home. He's fine." The blonde reassured her.

"Any word from Kathryn?" The teacher questioned.

"Nothing new." She answered. They continued to talk until we ran into a Ruby waiting for a bus, talking to Dr. Whale who was asking if she needed a ride.

"Dr. Whale." I stated, looking at him with anger in my eyes.

"Bex." He gulped, "Mary Margaret. Emma. Hello there."

"You should go before the Sheriff has to arrest me." I said with all seriousness in my voice.

"Uh... yeah. I'm... just gonna go." He said before leaving.

"Rube, are you okay?" I questioned.

"Was he bothering you?" Mary Margaret questioned.

"The day I can't handle a lech is the day I leave town. Which this is, I guess." Ruby sighed.

"You're leaving?" I questioned her, almost feeling betrayed that she didn't tell me.

"I had a fight with Granny. Quit my job." She explained.