Chapter Forty-Three: Peter Pan

Previously

Previously.....

"They may have led us astray but at least we're in a good position to start combing the jungle." David told us, trying to see a bright side to things.

"That is something you don't want to do." I chuckled.

"What she means is, The Dark Jungle's the last place you wanna set foot. We'll have to go around it. In order to do that, we're gonna need our strength. I suggest we make camp." The pirate glared at me with a smirk.

"You wanna sleep while my son is out there suffering?" Regina demanded.

"I can assure you, Henry is not suffering. Peter wants his heart and Henry has to give it to him. He will make him comfortable. Make him feel like one of the lost boys. So no, he is not suffering, maybe being brainwashed a little bit but other than that he's fine." I shrugged. "But he's right, we need energy and I need to recharge my powers and this is a good place to camp for the night."

***

Peter Pov.....

"I'm going to help you find him." I told her, my heart feeling a little betrayed. "I'll give you a map that leads straight to him."

"This better not be a trap..." She began.

"And Mel would have my head but trust me. I always keep my promises. The path to finding Henry is in the parchment." I explained.

"Then why are you giving it to me?"

"See, it's not about finding Henry. It's about how you find him. And, Emma, you are the only one who can." I smirked. Emma opened the map, noticing it was blank.

"It's blank."

"You'll only be able to read that map when you stop denying who you really are." I told her, "By the way, I'm taking Mel." Then in a haze of smoke both her and I were gone.

Now..................

Melinoe's Pov.....

I woke up in a familiar room with a familiar smell. I felt the presence of someone in the room with me. My eyes fluttered open to see a familiar boy next to me. "Peter." I smiled slightly.

"Hey Mel." He slightly smiled back. I sat up to look at him better. I was in the treehouse he built for me. Nothing had changed, everything was the same. "We need to talk." He sighed, his face dropping.

"I didn't leave by choice, Peter." I quickly told him.

"I know, Mel. I'm fully aware." He sighed, "But why are you so attached to the boy that you tell him our plan?"

"Henry is like a little brother to me. I have taken care of him while his adoptive mother and biological mother were in a pissing match. Not to mention he's your nephew! He's Baelfire's son." I explained. "Peter, we have to find a different way for you to be immortal, I'm not going to let you take his heart."