Chapter Thirty-One: Welcome Home

No flashbacks for this chapter

Previously.....

"Mel! Come on! You can make it! Just a little further!" Robin Hood shouted as we ran away from the Dark Curse.

"I'm coming, Robin!" I shouted back, attempting to keep up. Then I tripped.

"Mel! No!" Robin shouted.

"Go on without me! Make sure Rowan stays safe!" I shouted he was hesitant but nodded, running off with his son in his arms. Then my shadow appeared. "Shadow. Tell Peter, I love him." Then it flew away, escaping the curse. A purple cloud then surrounded me, entering my lungs, filling my head with lies about my past, creating a whole new person but with my same look but a new name, Bexley West.

The curse took us to Storybrooke, Maine. I woke up in a familiar room. My room at my adoptive father's house, Mr. Gold. He took me in after my father died, adopting me when I was fourteen.

........

"What is it?" I asked my shadow.

"Cora, she found another way to get here." My shadow told me. "She is on her way right now."

"How long do we have?"

"Probably a day at most." It told me and I looked down. "Thank you." I nodded before looking back at it, "Go back to Oz and let me know when something happens." Then my shadow flew away. I went to go back in and at the beginning of the alley was Gold.

"What was that?" Gold asked me.

"My shadow." I answered. "Something I learned from Peter. Cora is on her way."

"Do you plan on telling everyone?" He asked me.

"I do." I nodded. "We have to be prepared."

Now............

Going into Gold's shop to confront everyone with the information I just learned was a little anxiety inducing, if I was being honest. They didn't really know me and have no reason to trust me but for some reason Henry blindly does. Walking toward the back of the shop Emma knew something was up. "Bex, what's going on?" Emma asked me.

"I just got word that Cora is on her way to Storybrooke. We have about a day." I informed them.

"How do you know this?" Mary Margaret asked me.

"My shadow told me. It's something I learned from Peter. I've had my shadow watching her, since we got word Cora was there, to inform me if she comes through a portal or not." I admitted.

"Where is your shadow now?" Regina asked me.

"In Oz watching my adoptive mother." I sighed.

"Oz?" Emma questioned. "Like Dorthy and the Wizard of Oz?"