Chapter Two: Dreams

Previously

Previously..................

We sat in Granny's diner eating dinner. We were talking about different things. He told me about his day at the shop, he doesn't have many people stop in but when they do they are usually looking for presents for a loved one or something. But this wasn't the real reason why we were here. After dinner Mr. Gold paid and went to the Bed and Breakfast to talk to Granny. In front of us was Henry's mother, Emma. "Would you like a forest view or a square view? Normally there's an upgrade fee for the square, but as the rent is due, I'll wave it." Granny asked Emma.

"Square is fine." She told her.

"Now. What's the name?" The older woman asked.

"Emma.. What a lovely name." Mr. Gold complimented. "This is my goddaughter, Bexley West."

"Hi." She said awkwardly before shaking my hand, what I wasn't expecting was the dreams I would get that night.

Now.............................

"Melinoe, welcome to Neverland." Peter smiled as my feet hit the solid ground. I looked around and saw the thick jungle around me.

"It is exactly how you described it, Peter." I told him, "I've never seen anything like this before."

"You've never seen a jungle?" He asked.

"Well, I've never left my tower since the day I was born and I've only seen the forest from my window." I explained to him. "So, no, I haven't. I've never even touched the ground like this before." I looked at my bare feet feeling the ground. "This is wonderful, Peter."

"And you're sure she won't come looking for you, love?" He questioned.

"I'm sure of it, she probably forgot I even existed." I reassured him.

When I woke up, I realized that was the same boy who was calling out to me yesterday in my dream. So, the routine remained the same, after I got dressed and ready for school I went downstairs to see Mr. Gold waiting for me. "Any more dreams?" He asked me.

"No," I lied, not wanting to worry him.

"Well, I'm sure it was good when it lasted, Bex." He told me. "I have to leave and head to the shop early today. Be careful heading to school today." Then he left. So I hurried and ate to head to Granny's and get my coffee for the morning. When I made it to Granny's I realized that the clock tower was working and saw Regina in front of it, so I went up to her.

"Good Morning, Madame Mayor. Looks like that rusty old clock tower is finally working." I told her, pointing out the obvious.

"Yes, I see that." Regina said with spite as she looked at a yellow Volkswagen Bug parked on the side of the street. Then she walked away from me and I shrugged and walked into Granny's. I noticed Emma sitting on a barstool and Ruby was already ready with my coffee.