30

okay flashback is split into two parts

memory file has loaded !!

'tryouts'

now playing....

first term of the third year in high school came quicker than they would've imagined. not long ago they bid farewell and happy wishes to the now graduated hyerim, chaewon, woobin, yujin and jibeom.

the trio alongside the now second years, jiyeon, changhyun, yangeop and siyoon arrived at school earlier than usual due to having to plaster the dance team posters around the school. it felt strange that minho and sohee were now the ones in charge. it had felt as though it was only yesterday when they joined as first years, under the wing of areum and joochan.

feeling proud with their posters, the team split up and made their way towards their homerooms. everyone in anticipation for the end of the day to see who will be their newest members.

this was how the dance team has always worked at gimpo high. there was never an announcement, those who dance would find the poster without a doubt. for years it worked that way. sohee found it as it was stuck to the ground near her locker, she grabbed it and ran for the dance room.

minho found his in the storage room of his gym class after staying behind to help the teacher clean up. mirae found hers on the regular bulletin down the hallway everyone rarely uses thanks to getting lost on the first day.

everything worked out and brought them together, it was the same for the four in second year and the graduates. the anticipation was killing them.

-

the trio gathered in the dance room before the bell had even rung thanks to their last period being their free period for this term. jiyeon and yangeop were the first two to show up, followed closely by changhyun and siyoon that came running down the hall.

all 7 of them sat on the couch talking and laughing until a knock was heard. minho and sohee shared a glance before both making their way to the door. however, the site when they opened it was not what they expected to see. their jaws dropped, there were herds of people. possibly the biggest turnout yet for the first day of school.

"oh. my. god." at sohees expression the other five walked over to see what was happening, what they didn't expect was to see at least 100 people crowding the door, excited chatter from all of them.

after sharing a knowing glance with sohee, minho was the one to speak up. they needed to cut down this number. there was no way they'd all fit into their tiny dance room and there was no way they were moving to the gym.

"welcome everyone! this is an insane turnout this year. the biggest we've ever seen for this club. as you probably guessed, we're going to have to hold tryouts." the crowd groaned, complaining how 'this club never does that' and other complaints that ticked minho off.