05

present day

present day.

"hey" minho gave the signature smile that never failed to start the butterflies in sohees stomach.

"hey" she said back trying her hardest not to get emotional. it's been far too long since she'd seen the one she loved and grew beside. sohee was unsure of how much longer she could hold herself together.

"can i talk to you somewhere else... please" he asked her with pleading eyes, clearly wanting to say something that he doesn't want their members to hear. sohee just nodded and followed him around the corner, causing their group mates to look and ask where they were going.

"im just going to get my water bottle and he insisted on following, anyone want one?" sohee asked her group mates and the members of stray kids who all shook their heads. when they turned the corner and made sure they were out of everyones sight, minho immediately engulfed the girl in a tight hug, causing her to stumble back slightly as she wrapped her arms around his torso.

"i missed you so much, this past year without has been so hard" tears were forming in minhos eyes while she allowed herself to get teary eyed, from being in his warm embrace after so long.

they broke the hug after a while, wiping each other's tears while smiling before going to get sohees water bottle quickly so it wouldn't be suspicious. although they were oblivious to the two sets of eyes that belonged to hyunjin and hyori, who had just witnessed their long hug.

"is there something between them?" hyunjin asked the girl who walked back beside him.

"not that i know of, she would've told me though right?"

-

in sohees dressing room she walked over and got her water bottle. minho watching her every move. a sheepish smile plastered across his face as he couldnt believe you were close to him again.

"min have you been in contact with mirae lately ? i haven't heard from her much" sohee frowned thinking of their other best friend who was the only one who hasn't debuted yet.

"no, but maybe she's debuting soon and she can't respond with busy schedules." this made sohee smile, she'd love to see her on stage soon and tackle her with a hug. the three of them haven't met up as a trio since sohee and minho broke up because everyones schedules got busy.

they walked back to their group mates slowly and just caught up on everything that's happened, not really wanting to bring up anything that happened between them incase someone overheard.

"oh there you guys are what took you so long?" yuna and chan asked, eyeing the pair

"i couldn't find my water bottle and he wasn't really helping me" sohee said swiftly that even shocked minho with how quick she was able to respond. hyori cocked an eyebrow at her response.

after a little while longer, the groups had said their byes and left to their respective vehicles. minho still had her contact saved and quickly punched in a small "let's meet up soon, there's so much more i want to tell you" and sent it before he stuffed his phone back into his pocket.

in the girls car, sohees phone fell out of her hands again due to the vibration of getting a notification. chaesol was quick to snatch it because she never let's them see her phone and couldn't pass on the chance.

"oh my god" was all she could say while looking at sohees phone. she was confused until she noticed that the girl held her phone, she tried to get it back but chaesol put it out of her reach from the spot in the car.

"who's 'min' ? and who's this boy you're- or a younger you- is cuddling in your lock-screen" sohee froze and couldn't say anything. she was almost terrified of how her group would react.

"we aren't mad sohee, just disappointed you didn't tell us" yuna sighed trying to get who it was out of sohees mouth.

"he's uhm- he's an old friend"