32

present day

present day

sohee tossed and turned in her bed. no matter what she did, it felt almost impossible to fall asleep, regardless of how much her body had begged for rest, following her hectic preparation schedules for their summer single.

sighing, the girl eventually gave up. she decided to go outside for some fresh air, it had been so long since she was last away from the city and missed the starry sky.

the view, by no surprise, took her breath away. her feet led the way as her eyes continued to stare up in awe at the beauty of the universe above her. it didn't take long for sohee to realize that she was now in front of that same grand oak tree that held something precious.

her breath hitched as curiosity took over her. letting her hand graze the tree as she moved around, in hopes of coming across something she had left behind as a token from what felt like so long ago.

minho suddenly pulled out a switchblade from his pocket. sohee cocked an eyebrow at the sudden weapon.

"what, did you take me here to murder me?"
"and if i did."
"hot."
"what?"
"nothing." minho shook his head at his girlfriends comments and simply turned back to the tree, carving their initials into it. he then carefully handed the blade to her.

a soft yet sad smile crept its way onto sohee's features as she felt the dent in the tree. removing her phone from her pocket, the girl illuminated her flashlight onto the carving that decorated the tree.

"you cheesy bastard lee" the teenage couple held cheeky grins, plastered over their faces as sohee carved a heart around the 'M + S' he had previously carved. adding an arrow and a date just below. march 9th, 2016.

it had been over three years since she was last here. three years since her high school days that were so full of love and happiness. two years since she could walk down the street hand in hand with the boy of her dreams. a year and a half since she last had the chance to call minho hers.

the emotions hit sohee all at once, it was too much to handle. too much to take in. there was the undeniable fact that she was nowhere near over him. the cold truth that she was still deeply in love with him.

choking on her tears, that sohee didn't even realize had fallen, the now young adult had fallen to her knees. repositioning herself to lean her back against the tree as she hugged her legs closer into her chest, allowing the sobs to roll out.

it was a painful feeling that sohee had suppressed for the sake of her career. for her mental health and her sanity. but everything was beginning to crash and burn. she felt pathetic, they've been broken up for ages. there were no hard feelings and it was a mutual agreement. but just maybe, that's why it hurt so bad.