20

about a month later

about a month later

the american tour was finally over and stray kids had returned to begin preparations for their next mini album. minhos schedule becoming too packed to go and congratulate mirae in person. he had sent her multiple texts during her promotion period but it felt incomplete and insincere even though he meant it to be.

at the moment, he and the boys were on their way into the company for practice. as they're pulling into the parking garage of jyp, each of the boys receive a message from their manager in their team group chat to meet in meeting room B on the 8th floor upon arrival.

the boys oblige and make their way up, paying little mind to what the meeting may be about as they had all assumed it will be something to do with their new mini album.

knocking lightly, minho was the first to enter the room, followed by chan. their management team ushered them to sit down as they pulled out files and paperwork.

"morning boys, hope you all rested well" their manager began. "i'll get straight to the point because I understand that you guys have practice soon. as you know, the company holds plans for both you and staryu. we as a team, alongside theirs, have decided to hold a training camp." minho raised an eyebrow in curiosity.

-

elsewhere in town, staryu sat in their own meeting room at their own company for the same reason. an amused smirk made its way onto her face as she listened intently to her managers words.

"as you guys have a summer single coming up and stray kids will be releasing a mini album soon. next week, both groups will take a short 2 day trip to the country side for an idol training camp following the conjoined weekly idol episode" the girls' faces lit up in excitement for what the trip may bring.

"there you will all play games, challenge each other and compete in mixed teams to see who will come out on top. you may also take it as a chance to relax and get away from the city life. we may stay an extra day off camera for your enjoyment" eunseo and chaesol excitedly squealed at the thought of a fun and relaxing trip to the country side.

"that is all the information we have as of yet. stay tuned for more within the next couple of days, you're all dismissed." their team lead concluded as the girls stood up to bow before exiting the room.

"this is so exciting! the 00z to 02z can flex our squad!" haeun said as she high-fived hyori. this remark made the rest of the members face the 5 youngest.

"you guys got closer with the stray kids maknaes?!" nayoung asked, slightly surprised they've managed to continue a friendship.

"yup. we ran into them again at like a cafe? or something like that, not too long after we all went to jyp and clicked instantly. we've been messaging in a chat room their entire tour." eunseo shrugged in response as she explained the maknaes lines' friendship.

nayoung pouted. she too wanted to get close with stray kids and had felt as though she was the only one without connection to them. yuna and chan began messaging more, becoming closer as they shared the common burden of being leader, minho and sohee were high school friends.

nagyungs hand found her way onto the girls shoulder, giving her a soft smile. "don't worry, after this trip i'm sure you'll get closer with them. i'm sure we all will as a matter of fact" the girl could only smile and nod in response.

"eek-! i'm so excited for this..." hyori's voice began to trail off as she ran off with the rest of the maknaes towards the studio to re-record their parts for their summer single.

sohee simply plugged her earbuds in and began to process the information she had received. a countryside trip huh? she chuckled lightly, stuffing her hands into the pockets of her cargo pants. that takes me back.

another flashback next chap baes 😍😍🫰🫰

also merry christmas to those who celebrate🫶🫶