66

"painfully, go get your man's back

"painfully, go get your man's back."

chuls words rang through her mind like a song stuck on loop. sohee sat zoned out at the kitchen table of the staryu dormitory. blankly staring at the wall with her spoon halfway to her mouth, frozen in the air.

eunseo and nayoung spared worried glances at each other. the three of them were enjoying breakfast altogether. not really speaking, just keeping each other company. but sohees sudden detachment was eyebrow raising.

although it was still morning and they'd only just recently woken up, sohee was the morning person amongst the crew. alongside nagyung of course.

her hair was tied in a loose and low bun to keep it away from her cereal. sleeves of her hoodie rolled up to her elbows that rested against the table.

was he... encouraging our relationship...? sohees eyebrows furrowed, trying to find the meaning behind chul's words. she couldn't deny, it was actually really fun gossiping with those two like that. but part of her feels as though there's a double meaning to it. am i reading into this too much...

but maybe if lino and i...

yuna snuck up behind the girl that was still lost in her trance, flicking her forehead in order to gain her attention. sohee jumped, accidentally losing her grip and dropping her spoon back into the bowl. making it splash the milk back at her.

"what's got you so distracted, hmm?" yuna patted her head, moving towards the vacant seat across from her. "gosh, i don't even know." sohee sighed, eating a spoonful of cereal.

"wanna talk about it?" nayoung asked, but sohee smiled and just shook her head. "nah, i'm alright." the three simply nodded, reminding sohee about how they could tell them anything if something was wrong.

she only laughed a little, "i know, i know." with a smile on her face, she moved into the kitchen, washing her bowl and placing it on the drying rack before waving a short bye as she walked into her room.

okay i've decided. i'm giving in. i don't... i don't want to be apart from him any longer... but i don't want a label above us... he's still under a dating ban... what could i do then...?

heaving a sigh, sohee threw herself in the direction of her closet. finding a clean pair of sweats and a different sweater from the one she slept in for her vocal lessons today.

once she was dressed, she left the dorm, making her way to the private parking lot and into the car that was waiting to take her to the company.

with her airpods in, sohee scrolled through her secret instagram account, admiring the posts her idol acquaintances left on their private accounts. also making sure to take time to stalk her own fanbase, keeping up with the memes and inside jokes they'd made for themselves through their content.

as she scrolled, a certain ad caught her attention. it was a matching ring set, a sun and moon. it was as though a lightbulb had gone off in her mind, without hesitation she clicked on the link.