16

"wait but wasn't there someone else? i thought you got scouted with two other people?" chan asked his teammate

"we did! she's actually debuting soon" sohee whipped her phone out to show everyone the new starship girl group that was set to debut.

everyone was fascinated by what had just happened. hyunjin scared shitless for what minho would do later for almost blowing his cover. staryu's members happy for seeing sohee so happy and in her element around someone familiar. seungmin held his suspicions about the pair, but it's not his business so he didn't even try to speak up.

"wait wait i'm curious about the backstory behind troublemaker" chaesol asked with an eager look in her eyes. the rest seemed to nod in agreement.

"well basically, we were on the school dance team right and for the end of year competition each year needed to prepare a performance" sohee started.

a lightbulb lit up in seungmins mind. his school participated in the same end of year competition. he remembered when he was in first year, the year above talking about this pair they saw perform warriors descendent with such intense chemistry. by the end of the year, the second and third years pointed out the two at the competition.

it was none other than minho and sohee, they walked to their rehearsal hand in hand as they led the rest of their team. seungmin recognized minho almost immediately when they became trainees but never approached him on it. the dots had finally connected right now.

"our third party from our grade, her names mirae by the way, didn't want to participate in the grade performance. something to do with making fun of us for looking like idiots or something, i can't remember" minho continued where she left off, sohee giggled at his cover up. the real reason was because mirae wanted the both of them to get together.

"yeah, she even chose the song because she thought everyone would think we looked dumb."

"but anyways, we were 14 so the dance was way too sexual to perform. especially for a school activity. so we changed the choreography for us, while also keeping the original vibes on it" the rest of the group nodded as they understood what minho was saying.

"it was wasted though, we spent months practicing and modifying everything just for the competition to reject it. i think all three of us ended up performing orange caramels catallena" sohee stifled a laugh as she recalled how angry mirae was that they couldn't perform it.

"wait but how come we never knew anything about your friendship? if it was just a friendship surely that could've been shared, right?" nayoung asks genuinely confused, but chan answered for them.

"probably got really busy, i mean we all understand the stress of training. most of us got contact cut off to focus right?" everyone sympathized with each other in that moment. sohee felt a pang of guilt. she knew how hard her groupmates struggled after the company limited the people they were allowed to contact. they endured that whilst sohee was allowed to go sneak off to her boyfriend.

"you guys surprisingly work better when you're dating. however, i want you to understand that when whomever it may be debuts first. this ends." minho and sohee nodded, this was their dream and the company was allowing them to stay together. it would be stupid to turn down the offer.

the chatter continued on, everyone began to share stories of their pre-trainee days. finding out how yuna lived in the states for most of her childhood but the group didn't have any foreign members outside that. discovering the feud jisung and hyunjin had predebut and even more.

both groups were getting fond of each other, and easily became fast friends.

"oh shoot it's almost 10 and we haven't eaten anything yet, what do you guys want? the three of us lost the dance thing so we'll pay" felix said as he stood up, motioning for haeun and hyunjin to get up with him.

"anything's good, you guys know our preferences. i assume it's the same with staryu?" chan asked, looking at yuna for confirmation, who had nodded in response.

"great! we'll be back in a few"

i originally wrote them getting exposed but thought that was lame to happen so soon so 🤭