52

all three of them stood backstage

all three of them stood backstage. their 'love me right' performance was next up. mirae couldn't put her finger on it, but she knew something had happened between the two of them in the span of the last 24 hours since she saw them last.

minho and sohee kept stealing glances at each other, suddenly shy when they'd lock eyes. their tension had also somehow increased from the night before. mirae took mental note that their eye makeup seemed to be heavier today, like it was really trying to cover up something.

they were queued up, stepping onto the platforms that'd rise up and get them onstage. mirae was skeptical, they all sent thumbs ups to each other before they positioned themselves to begin but something was off. and even she didn't dare to bring anything up about it.

their performance ran smoothly. cheers from all around the dome roared loud, energizing the three of them as they gave it their all. the camera panned around them for their ending fairy, catching how wide their smiles were, showcasing how much they truly loved performing. they spared glances to each other, making fans scream.

as they were leaving the stage, the camera moved out to the audience, locking on three sets of parents. it was their parents, decked out in merchandise of their child. mirae hit them both on the shoulder, all three smiling giddily at how their parents sported banners for each of them.

"okay cute! your parents! hate to interrupt your moment, but lee know! sohee! costumes asap! your performance got bumped a bit. you're starting the next segment, go go go!" the sound of their performance director sounding frantic as he ran towards them.

the pair jumped quickly, rushing towards their change rooms to do the fastest outfit change the industry has ever seen before sprinting towards their starting position.

having barely made it in time, they shared a soft smile from the platform that waited to raise, immediately switching back into their stage personas to execute the performance they'd been rehearsing for the last month.

gasps and cheers were heard from the large crowd as they rose. the music started, taking over the pair as they immediately fell into the choreo they'd been preparing.

when the tempo changed, the cheers got louder. they'd gone from dancing at a fair distance to minho carefully placing his hand in hers, pulling her closer to him.

their choreographer, chul, giggled like a little girl from backstage as he watched it all unfold. "yes! what is this you two were hiding from me! it's perfect!"

they swayed elegantly, eyes trained on each other. their eyes held so much emotion, so many words that couldn't be said. even despite the giddy smiles they had to sport during this tempo, their eyes told a different story.