68

as discussed last night, the trio was arriving at their usual cafe at their own paces

as discussed last night, the trio was arriving at their usual cafe at their own paces. minho was the first to arrive, taking a booth in the corner of the room and patiently waiting for the other two to show up. the three of them had made a pact that the last person to arrive would treat the other two and he refused to be the last person again.

mirae was next to show up, celebrating quietly as she noticed that she beat sohee there. she dapped minho up quickly and took the seat across from him. "afternoon min- wait why are you looking at me like that?" he held a blank stare with his arms crossed, part of him still feeling petty that she was in sohee's phone case and not him.

"let me see your phone, please." mirae cocked an eyebrow at the sudden request, but slid her phone across the table to him nonetheless. he grabbed it quickly, turning it view the backside of the phone, scoffing at the sight of sohee's photo card smiling up at him.

grumbling, he slid her phone back over to her, mirae caught on fast. realizing he had noticed that the girls kept each other in their phone cases. "hmm, someones jealous~" she teased him. "like hell i am," although he denied it, his crossed arms told a different story.

the bell jingled, followed by quickened footsteps approaching the two of them. both turned their heads to meet an out of breath sohee stood at the front of the table.

minhos eyes lit up, scanning her in an attempt to decipher why she was in such a rush getting there. he held his hand out, guiding her into the seat next to him. sohee happily took his hand, plopping down onto the booth, resting her head back against the back.

mirae noticed this exchanged, smiling in amusement. "why are you so out of breath, soh?" minho asked, still holding her hand under the table. now rubbing the back of her hand. she waved it off with her other hand, chuckling lowly.

"i- didn't want to be last- and ran here from a few blocks away-" she spoke between breaths, laughing at the irony considering she ended up being last regardless. "my poor baby! she worked so hard and was still last!" mirae gasped, standing up and leaning across the table to cup sohees face, earning an eye roll in response.

"i'd like an iced coffee please, mon amour." she grinned, removing her hands from sohees face and sitting back down. sohee shot her a thumbs up, giving her a signal to just give her a second. she looked over at minho, looking for what he wanted. all he did was nudge his head, telling her to get out of the booth. confused, sohee obliged, their hands still intertwined.

he got out behind her, hands still intertwined, till he made her sit back down. "you rest here, i'll take the bullet and pay today." sohees eyes widened, immediately scrambling for her wallet. "no, no, i lost fair and square. i've got it covered." she tried to stand back up but minho pushed her back down.

"i'll treat my faves again today, it's alright." he shot her a wink. mirae held a hand over her mouth in shock, she gasped dramatically, gaining both of their attention. "oh you two are definitely back together, aren't you." sohee looked away smiling, whilst minho sent mirae a wink, using sohees distraction to walk away and queue up in line.