10

present day

present day.

"hello?"

"SOHEEE I MISS YOU SO MUCH OH MY GOD" mirae yelled so loud that the girl needed to pull the phone slightly away from her ear.

"i miss you so much too! you didnt answer me for months where were you?"

"i'm debuting soon!!" both of the girls squealed.

"are you free tomorrow? we should meet up!" sohee asked, almost desperately as she hasn't seen her best friend in a few months.

"yes i am!! wanna meet up at xxx?"

"sure!! I'll see you tomorrow then idiot~~"

"bye!! see you tomorrow ugly~~"

sohee hung up and put her phone back in her pocket, making her way back to the living room.

"sorry for that, im gonna head to bed now. night" she shot a look at nagyung before walking towards her room. hyori noticed this and got up to follow them. she wanted to confront sohee but felt as though doing it in front of others wasn't the best option.

shortly after, nagyung walked into their shared room with hyori following behind. her presence confused the girls. considering all sharing a room, they knew  it was out of character for hyori to go to bed so soon.

"what did you need to talk to me about ?" nagyung asked quietly, eyeing hyori awkwardly.

"i know you guys are close and i figured you were about to explain the lock screen so i'm here to say that i saw." she managed to squeeze out before the two huddled farther into a corner of their room.

"saw what?" sohee asked a little taken aback.

"your interaction with lee know after you left to grab water. they sent hyunjin and i to grab something from the vending machines and we saw you guys embracing each other in the hallway." nagyungs jaw dropped, but then her expression turned to a smirk.

"i knew it." sohee glanced over to nagyung in confusion. "what do you mean you knew it?"

"you're not slick sohee, you talk about stray kids a lot when it's just us two. you especially mention minho. never lee know, but minho. not very idol etiquette for idols that 'don't know each other'" sohee could only mutter a few curses under her breath as she recalled the times she spoke to nagyung about stray kids.

"oh do tell, i need tea in my life" nagyung and hyori both inches closer to sohee, in an attempt to get her to fess up. it seemed to work as the older girl sighed before beginning to speak.

"so you know how i always mentioned that i was scouted with two of my best friends from high school at one of our dance competitions? yeah, he was one of them. the other one, was ironically enough, the who had called me earlier."