35

present day

present day.

heaving and panting, sohee dropped herself into a vacant booth in the cafe. the fourth week of her promotions have finally concluded and here she waited for the two other members of the trio to arrive at the predetermined location.

with her now purple hair, sohee took off her cap, letting the newly bright coloured lavender hair fall down for all to see in the quiet cafe.

"morning grapehead" the cheery voice of mirae sang as she sat herself down in the seat across from sohee.

"morning poop head" she retorted back at mirae's brown hair, earning a slight roll of the eyes paired with a cheeky grin.

since mirae's debut and minhos temporary return from tour for comeback promotions, the three now idols had used this to their advantage. meeting up as frequently as possible after music shows, hanging out backstage during rehearsals and hanging around after schedules.

"ah sorry i'm late, i ordered us stuff. my treat" minho was the last to arrive, practically jumping into the seat next to sohee. the girls only playfully rolled their eyes at his tardiness, but thanked him nonetheless.

the longtime trio fell into a simple conversation about their schedules for the day. mirae flexing how her lack of promotions have granted the next few days off. 

casual conversation played into friendly banter as the trio began bickering over the best summer song that had been released so far that month.

"you guys are insane it's obviously 'wave' by ateez," sohee held her ground as she argued.

"you're just saying that because you're sibling groups, WJSN's 'boogie up' outdid all your faves" mirae argued back.

"no no no, you're both wrong it's clearly a strict tie between fromis9's 'fun' and chungha's 'snapping'. end of discussion." minho glared at the two, finding it incredibly hard to believe the girls didn't agree with him.

"snapping is hardly a summer song, yeah it was released recently but it's not sUmmer themed" miraes eyes narrowed at the guy, thinking he was strange.

"don't insult the queen like that,"
"don't insult the goddesses of WJSN then?"
"HELLO?! HAKUNA MATATA YAA" minho and mirae broke their intense eye contact as sohee stood up, dancing along to the tune in her mind.

she never failed to make them smile, promptly ending their bickering as they sang for her while she kept dancing subtly in her spot. sohee laughed whole heartedly as she sat back down.

"glad we could come to an agreement" a wide smile spread across her face as she took a sip of her americano. minho and mirae exchanged a glance, jaw dropped before turning their attention quickly back to sohee.

"YAH-"

-

twitter.com

soheeheeyu YALL STOP, I SAW SOHEE OF STARYU, MINHO OF STRAY KIDS AND MIRAE OF CHECKMATE ALL TOGETHER AT THIS CAFÉ TODAY. THEY SEEM SO CLOSE IT WAS REALLY HEARTWARMING