26

memory file has loaded !!

'skateboarding'

now playing....

it was a warm day for march. almost everyone was outside and walking around. this of course, included the trio. after finally finishing their third terms exams, their school year was basically over. all that was left was the third years graduation before their two week break till the next year started.

right now, the three of them were outside minhos house, sitting on his front porch. sooni sat on sohees lap and doongi was on miraes. minho grumbled as his attempts to retrieve his own pets from the two girls had failed.

abruptly standing up he walked into his home, the girls noticed but didn't pay much attention to him, focusing on the cats that comfortably cuddled into them instead.

when he came back he was holding a tray of snacks, that were seemingly prepared by his mother, and placed them onto his own lap. mirae tried to reach for a cookie but he slapped her hand away. a sudden dark presence was felt behind the boy that caused him to shiver. he hesitantly turned around to meet his mothers dark eyes. without saying a word, he slowly offered the tray mirae, who happily took some.

"mrs lee!" sohee was quick to get up upon seeing the women. "sohee, darling!" the older woman quickly engulfed the girl in her arms as they swayed slightly.

"hey no fair mrs lee ma'am, what about me?" mirae whined as she stood up to hug the woman as well, shoving the tray back into the arms of the forgotten boy. "rude," but his comment went ignored.

now his turn to pout, minho walked towards the garage and opened it as the two girls continued to happily talk to his mom. grumbling, he grabbed his skateboard and started moving in circles around the driveway. he was debating on just full on leaving but he wanted someone to at least notice him first.

sohee realized his absence and looked to see the sulky boy moving in circles. her face lit up, she had always wanted to learn how skateboard but never got the chance to. this is my chance, a smirk etched its way onto her face.

"oh-! do you girls want to help me bake a cake for mr lee's birthday?" mirae nodded enthusiastically to the woman's question, but sohee's eyes were trained on the boy.

"hmm, i guess sohee could tend to my sulky son while we bake." mrs lee smiled warmly as sohee turned around, face flushed red. she simply patted the young girls head and lead mirae into the house.

sohee walked over to minho, standing in his way so he'd have to stop. he yelped once realizing her presence, quickly halting his movement and kicking the board up to hold.

"i almost ran you over"
"but ya didn't~"
"but i could've~"
"whatever- teach me"
"huh?- what?"
"you heard me. now chop chop, we don't have all day."

sohee pushed the boy slightly as she grabbed the board from his hands, placing it on the ground in front of her. minho didn't even have a chance to process how he'd start, when she blindly stepped onto the board.

the girl yelped as the board flew out from beneath her, sending her tumbling down. minho acted fast, managing to grab her arm just in time. she stabilized himself and lightly hit his shoulder.

"hey. that's not supposed to happen" she raised an eyebrow at him, to which he followed suit. "well sorry, but someone didn't let me explain and just went for it" he flicked her forehead and ushered her to step back.

"now the first step is getting on the board, which you clearly failed but whatever" sohee just glared at him as he began to speak, minho ignoring her stare like it was a regular occurrence (it was).

"carefully step on, centering your foot on the board at a width comfortable and stable enough for your legs." the latter guided her, holding his arms out for her to hold and keep herself steady. sohees grip tightened as she moved her second foot up, in fear the board would take off like the last time.

"i've got you, don't worry. you can do it" sohee had managed to miraculously get onto the board, however minho could tell that her balance wasn't there yet. keeping his gentle hold on her, he gave pointers on how to stay balanced in the board. she listened intently, determined and eager to learn.

-

hours have passed and sohee was still trying to learn to maneuver around on her own. minho stood as her brace, holding onto her protectively as she went in circles around the driveway as he was doing when she approached him.

the sun began to set as sohee tried to break herself free from his loosening grasp on her arms. orange hues from the sun lit up their faces, making them squint slightly at the blinding light.

"lino, let go i want to try without your support"
"are you sure?"
"yes,"
"like 100% sure?"
"duh"
"okay..."

his grip loosened on her arms, a look of determination painted across her face. minho couldn't help but find her adorable. how she had bent her knees whilst holding her arms out like she was surfing. monitoring her movement carefully, he followed along as she went in circles around the driveway.

upon noticing her eyes slightly widening as the pace quickened and the board began to shake from beneath her, minho gently took hold of her arms and assisted sohee off of the skateboard.

"are you okay?" he asked, making sohees heart melt slightly at the care despite being outside for hours with her, simply watching the teen circle the driveway.

her smile was brighter than the sun that had been blinding him prior. a soft chuckle escaped from behind her lips. sohee threw her arms around the boy, hugging him tightly.

puzzled by the sudden warmth, but didn't hesitate to wrap his own arms back around her frame. placing a soft kiss on the top of her forehead, the young couple began to sway giddily.

"i know i'll always be okay when you're around"

can you tell i've never even TOUCHED a skateboard, but like i <3 writing their lil memory bits sm

can you tell i've never even TOUCHED a skateboard, but like i <3 writing their lil memory bits sm. its so aAAaHhHhh

p.s. OKAY IK HE HAS 3 CATS BUT IF IM CORRECT HE DIDNT ADOPT DORI TILL AFTER HE BECAME A TRAINEE SO