58

now in the last week of january, stray kids has found themselves at the staryu dorm for the first time since october

now in the last week of january, stray kids has found themselves at the staryu dorm for the first time since october. or at least, for 7/8 of them.

staryu had released their full length studio album not too long ago, tonight they had a short break from promotions and stray kids wanted to celebrate this monumental moment with them. all 16 of them managed to squeeze into the living room, spread out across the floors and the couch as they spoke casually between themselves.

seated at the corner of the couch was of course minho and sohee. they'd only been here for an hour but he seemed to never want to leave her side, trailing behind her upon arrival, eyes never leaving her if she'd get up to grab something until she came back.

yet despite his lingering gaze and closeness, he made sure not to overstep any boundaries, still conscious of their conversation from weeks back. everyone else picked up on this, specifically haeun and jisung that were on the floor near them.

"you know, it's like they actually started dating again after that night." haeuns voice was low, whispering to jisung as she leant herself closer to him. "right? he's always been so googly eyed when it comes to her but since they kissed, it's like amplified." they shared a goofy grin, happy to see an old romance slowly coming back to their friends.

"ah i wish i could've gone home for the holidays, i haven't seen my family or old friends since the summer." eunseo smiled sadly, as yuna and nayoung showed photos of their family parties to the boys. her family was from jeju island. the company had rejected her plan to go home during their time off because they were unsure if she'd be home in time to film their music video.

"i get it... it was nice spending time with my parents that visited here but sometimes... i really just want to go back to australia for a bit... to see my siblings and all." chans voice trailed off, his parents flew down with felixs family but his younger siblings stayed back in australia, unable to come with them.

everyone sympathized with him, they couldn't imagine moving to a whole other country. "i know it's nowhere near the same, but you're always welcome at my house chan. you know my mom loves when you come to visit," minho smiled over at his leader. he knew chan had missed the home cooked meals, the motherly love. and mrs. lee would give that to anyone she cherished, anyone she felt deserved it. chan smiled over to minho, thankful for his mom.

"you know, i've heard so many stories about mrs. lee. is she actually the sweetest person like, ever?" hyori asked genuinely to the boys. sohee would talk about her a lot, mirae would and of course, all the boys would bring her up every now and again.

"she's practically everyone's mom," hyunjin began. "need a shoulder to cry on? she'll be there." minho kept quiet, silently playing with a few strands of sohees hair as she sat next to him. most people in the room seemed to have something to say so he just let them go for it. he was happy so many people loved his mom as much as he did. "you need support, she'll give it to you in a heartbeat" changbin butted in, recalling how he went back to gimpo alongside minho once.