09

present day

present day. stray kids dorm

when the boys got back to their dorm, they took turns washing up. going in order from youngest to oldest.

minho flopped himself down on the couch and aimlessly scrolled through his camera roll, looking at all the old photos of him, sohee and mirae.

he soon felt the couch sink slowly meaning someone had sat down. minho casually exited the app and went to play a game on his phone.

"so mr lee minho" hyunjin said, gaining the older boys attention due to the lack of formalities.

"can i help you, brat" minhos attention returned to his phone screen and hyunjin sighed but not too loudly because he didn't want minho to hit him.

"woah dude i just had a question, why were you hugging sohee" he froze.

"i don't know what you're talking about hwang" minho simply glared at the younger, trying to shrug it off.

"oh come on don't play dumb with me, i clearly saw you getting all affectionate-" minho took this opportunity to slap his hand over hyunjins mouth to prevent him from speaking any longer.

"you're so annoying" the older dragged him out of the living room, to somewhere he could explain quietly.

"here" minho shoved and old image of him and sohee into hyunjins face.

"that's a four year relationship, that separated early march 2018. happy?" hyunjin was shocked to say the least.

he wasn't actually expecting minho to actually explain it and honestly kinda hoped he wouldn't as he would've enjoyed having a motive to pester the older.

"wait so while we were on the survival show, you two were- oh my god" hyunjin looked around as he had been connecting the dots in his mind.

"you're telling me i missed out on being friends with her?! you're lame man"

"well sorry hwang, keeping it a secret was the only way to keep HER" minho replied lazily, rolling his eyes.

"don't you dare tell the others about this. none of you were supposed to know in the first place" he sternly said, making sure the younger boy understood him.

"am i allowed to know more though? i kinda want to know more about you guys if i'm honest..." hyunjin shyly mentioned this bit, the pairs relationship was mainly based on a back and forth friendly banter. they never really talked about their problems or their past, they were each other's moral support at best.

a small smile crept onto minhos face as he recalled memories of her from years ago, then proceeded to shake his head.

"there's no use getting into it now, what's in the past is in the past." with that he walked off, leaving hyunjin stunned in his spot.

not once had he ever seen that look on the older boys face. the way his eyes held so much love and longing, how his smile was so soft and genuine. hyunjin didn't know much, but he did know one thing.

minho was nowhere near over her.

school is kicking my ass so bad i'm fr not making it to the end of this semester