19

the day of miraes debut showcase had finally arrived

the day of miraes debut showcase had finally arrived. sohee sat on the couch of her dorm, waiting for nagyung to finish getting ready as she would accompany the girl in minhos place.

finally, the third member of the trio was about to debut. after two years of all of them training at their separate company's, they're able to share the stage.

being an idol, sohee and nagyung were granted backstage passes to greet the new girl group and congratulate them on their debut. this made sohee smile uncontrollably with each step closer to the new girl groups dressing room. she had watched their music video on the way in and couldn't be more proud of her best friend.

upon reaching the door, nagyung was the one to knock. a much younger girl whom they had recognized from the video they just watched was the one to open the door, gasping and covering her mouth in surprise at the sight of the two members of staryu.

"oh my gosh, sunbaes are here" she managed to squeak, sohee just smiled and said a quick hello as the younger girl opened the door wider to let them in. scanning the room, mirae wasn't in sight. sohee shrugged it off as she was likely getting something ready elsewhere and turned to congratulate the new group.

"hello! congratulations on your debut guys! we'll be rooting for you in the audience, can't wait for you to kill the stage tonight!" nagyung and sohee cheered the newly debuted group, earning a round of applause and excited giggles from the girl group.

"SOHEE!" mirae was quick to run up to her high school best friend upon her entry into her waiting room. the girls embraced each other widely, slightly swaying in their embrace.

"YOU DEBUTED!"
"I DEBUTED!"
"YOURE ABOUT TO GO ON STAGE!!"
"IM ABOUT TO GO ON STAGE!!"

the reunited friends jumped in excitement with each other over the goal they had finally achieved. two long years have since the three (miraculously) graduated high school and became trainees. tonight was miraes debut. finally joining the other two in the world of kpop as an idol.

"-oh right!" mirae looked towards the rest of her group mates who slightly concerned at the pairs closeness.

"this is sohee from staryu as you all know! but she's also my best friend from high school! i'm apart of the reason she's an idol in the first place" she spoke proudly as she flaunted off sohee. nagyung smiled at the site of how happy sohee looked in that moment to be with an old friend.

"...and- OH NAGYUNG SUNBAE YOURE HERE TOO, IM SO SORRY" mirae began to repeatedly bow towards the other member of staryu that she had only noticed now.

"it's okay, it's cute to see you guys all excited together" mirae continued bowing as nagyung tried to get her to stop. not long after a stage manager walked into the room to let everyone know that they're to be on stage in the next 5 minutes.

"we'll take our leave then. look out for us in the audience, we'll be rooting for all of you! fighting!" sohee and nagyung waved bye to the appreciative group and made their way into a reserved corner in the audience.

as the lights went down, sohee pulled her phone out and quickly opened facetime to call minho. he picked up almost instantaneously. his brown hair a little messy, face had just been washed, wearing a simple black tee as he layed against the headboard of his hotel bed, arm supporting his head.

sohees stomach twisted. sure they've called since that night at jyp, but she kept trying so hard to ignore how effortlessly good he always seemed to look. gulping silently, she whispered "miraes showcase is about to start", into the mic. a smile spread across minhos face, his lips moved as he spoke but sohee couldn't hear a thing.

"i don't know what you're saying but i'll record her until my phone dies" his shoulders moved in indication that he was laughing slightly, she could hear his laugh playing in her mind as she watched the inaudible action through her phone.

the lights came on in an array of colours as the music began playing, sohee screamed and minho held a look of anticipation for his best friend. despite having to watch it through his ex girlfriends -horrible- filming, he was just as excited as she was.

i hâte writing fillers but i literally cant nOT write it or else the book will just be stupid

n e ways yall my updates might slow down even more as exams are coming up and w the holidays my job has been working me like a DOG so, apologies in advance <//3