23

memory file has loaded !!

'the third years'

now playing....

it was the day after the trio's second dance competition. the members of the dance team lay sprawled out across the dance room, everyone upset as they realized there were only two months left until graduation.

two more months with hyerim, chaewon, woobin, yujin and jibeom. over the past two years, the trio had grown fond of the five similar to how they grew fond of them.

mirae, minho and sohee knew that their graduation was going to hurt way more than areum and joochans did. after all, with chaewon and woobin in charge, the team had done way more activities together beyond just hanging out in the dance room.

activities including, sleepovers, skating trips, ski trips, camping, and so much more. the school funded it all thanks to the amount of money they had saved up from winning at least top three at the competition for the last 5 years.

"let's not mope guys. we've still got two months right? and plus the end of year school fair we'll be performing again. more dancing!!" chaewon tried her best to cheer up the sad atmosphere.

"yeah but only two months left with our favourite seniors, im gonna cry" mirae and jiyoon wiped their fake tears

"oh don't be dramatic" minho pushed the two of them as he rolled his eyes. "what shall we do today, leader dearest" the second year said in a teasing voice to woobin, who simply flicked his forehead.

"play a game called, we need to find another second year to take my place as next years leader!" minho rubbed his forehead with a pout on his face. everyone knew it, who the next years leaders were going to be. it would be a mistake to not pick minho and sohee.

and that's not just because leaders have to be one male and one female and the fact that there were only three of them to choose from. their chemistry alongside leadership was undeniable. since their first year, they'd even helped those in the grade above them with learning the dances.

they were model students. doing fairly well in all their classes, engaged in their school community and student body. if they weren't chosen as next years leaders, a problem would arise.

now you might be thinking, what about mirae? who do you think volunteered them. mirae is the number one minhee supporter and will stop at nothing to make sure they are the 'it' couple.

small talk erupted the dance team as they began to move from their sprawled spaces and into a circle in the middle of the room. sohee, however, stayed absolutely knocked out on the couch in the corner of the room. yangeop looked over at her confused as to why she wasn't joining them but shrugged it off after seeing the short smile minho shot her.

"we should plan for another trip! you know, another one before we five graduate" yujin said with a smile on her face. everyone seemed to nod in agreement. their dance trips this year had definitely been everyone's favourite.

"yeah, yeah *yawn* let's have another trip, but first. lee minho. i challenge you to a dance battle. loser buys the whole team snacks." sohee had woken up and walked over to them, slightly disoriented from her nap.

"love, maybe you should wait until you're fully awake first" he spoke softly as he reached for her hand, gently guiding her to sit beside him.

"what? are you chicken?" a sheepish smile was plastered on her face.

"oh i see. it's on kwon sohee" his eyes narrowed as he sprung up from his seat, helping her up in the process.

"jiyeon! hit it." the first year obliged without much enthusiasm. whenever the air started to get dry and boring, the couple would challenge each other to a dance battle. every time, it ended with each member of the dance team on either side. an entire competition.

"you first milady" minho bowed and winked at his girlfriend who simply flipped him off right as 'replay' by shinee came on. sohee shot a look at changhyun and jibeom, both came running and stood behind her. losing themselves into the beat of the song.

minho cocked an eyebrow as he watched the three perfectly synchronize. the song changed to 'the boys' by girls generation, mirae and yangeop immediately ran to join him. the look of betrayal plastered on sohees face as she watched her best friend run over. a smile of victory on minhos.

"woah mirae is always last to choose what's going on." chaewon stared in awe.

"y'all shut up i love this song." the girl argued back as she danced along. sohees eyes narrowed, 'fantastic baby' by bigbang came on and yujin and chaewon sprinted to sohees side, beating the two first years that tried to join.

the battle continued until all the songs were done. it ended with 'girls girls girls' by got7, letting minhos group have the final part. jiyeon, turned off the music and walked over. as the days judge, everyone glanced with hopeful eyes.

"hmm... sohees group had strong synchronization but the entire group itself didn't match the same vibe. minhos on the other hand, same aura and well, mirae joining first was hilarous. minho wins" sohee fell to her knees dramatically, hand to her chest like her heart was failing.

"betrayal." it looked as though her soul left her body. she stood up grumpily and walked over to her backpack. "fine what snack do you guys want." everyone listed off what they wanted from the school snack bar with goofy grins on their faces.

minho walked over to her, casually and subtly wrapping an arm around her waist as he led her to the snack bar. sohee continued to grumble about losing the dance battle as minho listened to her quiet rants with herself. he subtly placed a loving kiss on her temple when no one was looking, a smile making its way onto his face as she just glared at him.

"you're lucky i love you"

i want what they have💔

also y'all exam prep kicking my ASS, they don't start till next week but im fr one breakdown away from giving up

i believe in myself fr tho guys😍😍