69

nice^

everywhere you went, you couldn't escape the tune that plagued social media almost instantaneously following its release

everywhere you went, you couldn't escape the tune that plagued social media almost instantaneously following its release. 'gods menu' was nothing short of a hit. it didn't take a genius to understand the impact that this comeback will have on stray kids' career from this point on.

fans from all around the world came together, this comeback had drawn in new fans left and right. which the wording is ironic since their biggest competitor on music shows this promotional period was seventeen, with their release of 'left and right'.

the members were ecstatic, feeling undeniably pumped this time around. all the attention on them only fueled them to work even harder, perform even better. lots and lots of work and preparation had gone into this album. they'd filmed a handful of music videos, and each week they excitedly released one for their fans.

at the moment, they were backstage in their dressing room for mbc. getting themselves organized and ready for their turn on stage. a few knocks sounded against the door. hyunjin, who was closest, opened it for whomever had knocked.

his confused expression quickly turned into a happy one at the sight of staryu on the other side. he opened the door a little wider, allowing them to enter the room. the girls rushed inside, saying their congratulations to the boys almost immediately.

sohee flopped herself into the open seat on the couch next to minho, turning her body so she could face him better. she stared at him whilst he continued to look at his phone, admiring his side profile. minho did a slow turn towards her, moving his head before his eyes. at the sight of her, he visibly brightened, a soft smile decorating his face as he turned to face her.

"you actually came!" sohee nodded, "of course i did! all of us couldn't pass up on a chance to see you guys." she winked at him, moving her hand over to his hair. they hadn't been able to meet up in person for the last few weeks due to their schedules. inconvenient yes, but they knew it'd be like this from the moment they agreed to be together again.

"i like the orange, it suits you really well." she played with a loose strand of his recently dyed hair, making sure to be careful not to ruin the hairstyle his stylist had put effort into doing. "thanks love," he sent her a discreet wink. sohee glanced down to his right hand, smiling at the sight of their ring among a few others. "hmm, they let you keep it on?"

"more like i refused to take it off." he sounded so proud of himself, holding his head high at how he fought for their love to be subtly shown off. she whacked his arm, scolding him for giving his staff a hard time after he'd explained how they moved to incorporate jewelry into his outfit to suit his ring.

changbin walked over to the two of them, refusing to give them the satisfaction of having 'alone time' with one another. he immediately came over and started bothering them, teasing them about something trivial.

on the other end of the room, chaesol leaned against seungmins shoulder, looking over at his phone as he scrolled through social media. they didn't exchange any words, seungmin kept a hand on her leg, using it as a way to keep her close to him as she cuddled further into his shoulder. they enjoyed the silence, it was comforting for them.