14

memory file has loaded !!

'dance battle'

now playing....

it was one of those days after school that the dance club actually danced. everyone had been so stressed following first term finals leading the group to want a fun escape after all their hard work.

"kpop random dance battle anyone?" woobin suggested, to which the now 3rd years chaewon, yujin, hyerim and jibeom sprang up to join him. areum and joochan had emotionally graduated last term, placing leadership of the club in the hands of woobin and chaewon.

the four new first years gulped, they were still getting used to the members of the club who were obviously a lot closer and more skilled than they were.

"don't sweat it guys, it's all for fun" sohee said, wrapping her arms around first years siyoon and yangeop, leading them into the dance circle as mirae did the same with changhyun and jiyeon.

everyone danced to the songs as they played, whether they knew the actual choreo or not. the first years freestyled at what they didn't know, mirae and yujin both somehow knew each and every one.

it was an all around good time, they all laughed at each other and made fun of each other's for not knowing certain dances.

"HOW COULD YOU NOT KNOW MINISKIRT BY AOA, CHAEWON?!!? ITS ICONIC" mirae screeched at the older girl who just replied by laughing at yangeop who did the worm to war of hormone by bts.

then troublemaker came on. everyone calmed down as their attention turned to minho and sohee who casually walked towards each other smiling.

"just like last year" minho smiled at sohee as the pair immediately lost themselves in the flow of the duet.

"of course" it was one of the only duets they could find, last year areum had pushed them to learn a duet for the annual competition. unfortunately, the song wasn't allowed to be entered, despite their changes to the dance to make it less touchy and more appropriate for their ages (and also due to their awkwardness due to *cough cough* liking each other but not dating *cough cough*)

even though they weren't able to enter this dance, the pair would continue practice it consistently, wanting to perfect the real dance with their own modifications entirely.

the first years stood in awe at their chemistry. sohee and minho don't really act like a couple in school due to both hating pda, leaving the newbies unaware of their relationship.

"you're so hot sohee marry me" mirae screamed as she approached the girl when the song changed. all she could respond with was a short laugh before turning to minho, high five-ing him.

the couple giggled after the high five but was interrupted when mirae screamed, yet again, at growl by exo coming on. this time the third years stood up with the trio, immediately throwing themselves into position and straight into the choreo that won them first place at the previous dance competition.

"if we look that cool on stage, i'll definitely have a girlfriend by second year" changhyun said, in awe at their performance.

"THAT WAS SO COOL I WANT TO SEE IT FROM THE BEGINNING!!" jiyeon yelled as she dragged the other first years to sit down, but not before changing the video to the full song for them.

jibeom laughed and they all immediately fell under the influence of the song, following its rhythm as they had done months prior. the prechorus and rap being left empty as those were the positions taken by the graduated members.

once they finished the first years cheered, complimenting them and throwing songs that they could all do this year.

the dance club sat there discussing ideas and trying new moves and mashups that they could use for this year. fond moments spent as the first years got more comfortable alongside the members.

anti-ti-ti-ti fragile fragile 😍😍