07

present day

present day.

the rest of the car ride home was silent. due to everyone being pretty exhausted from their performance. the group held their suspicions on this "old friend" but decided not to question it until they returned to their dorm.

right as they got home she ran to the bathroom to wash herself and get dressed for bed. when sohee was done, she sat herself on the couch in their living room and pulled her phone out staring at her wallpaper.

she's never changed it once. ever since mirae changed hers and minhos in their first year of high school, she's never had a different lockscreen. even when she had gotten a new phone, sohee would always set her wallpaper to that same photo.

it was stupid. they had taken so many photos together throughout the years they spent dating, but she only wanted this photo. it was their first one, the day sohee had come to terms with her feelings for him. the day she knew that she really liked her best friend. sighing, sohee stuffed her phone into the pockets of her pajamas and threw her head back against the couch.

it was even more stupid that as an idol she kept it as something that could've easily started rumours. especially with her rookie title. but none of that mattered to sohee, she just became over protective of her phone since her early trainee days. seeing minho today had thrown her off.

when nagyung was done her turn in the shower, she immediately ran and flipped over the couch to sit beside sohee. she didn't say anything and only shot the girl next to her a cocky smile.

"why are you looking at me like that" sohee diverted her attention from the other and switched the tv on, focusing on whatever drama was airing. 

"come on sohee, im the you're the closet with. you can tell me anything~" nagyung whined shaking her arm.

"sohee you've got some explaining to do" yuna stated as she walked into the room, situating herself in front of the younger member like a child during story time.

"i told you guys already, he's an old friend from high school. nothing more, nothing less" a sigh escaped the girls mouth. she wasn't ready to tell everyone yet, especially with the supposed friendship they need to build with stray kids. having the rest of her team know, is the last thing she wants right now.

sohee's attention turned back to the tv, not sparing a glance at the rest of them. yuna realized she may be pushing too far and decided to let it go, getting up to grab a snack from the kitchen.

the girl group sat in their living room doing their own thing for the rest of the night. faint noise coming from the tv playing in the background.

sohee was thinking about how she was supposed to explain the situation to nagyung. as much as she didn't want to tell the whole group, she couldn't hide it from her anymore. with everything that just happened, she needed to rant.

she had zoned out staring at the floor and nagyung seemed to notice and nudged her in the side.

"hey are you okay ?" she whispered, the cocky smile gone as she tried to not catch the attention of the other girls.

"huh ? oh yeah im fine"

"you can tell me anything you know"

"yeah i know..." sohee paused for a second before continuing. it was now or never.

"i have to tell you something later" nagyung nodded and turned her attention back to her phone, doing whatever. the calm silence was interrupted by the annoying apple ringtone. everyone glanced at their phones to see who's it was.

"ah that's mine I'll be back" sohee scurried away, with a bright smile on her face after reading the contact.

'mirae🤡 is calling...'