65

minhee kept their word, the following day they stormed into their respective ceo's offices and demanded they do something about the safety of mirae and the remainder of checkmate for their second hand involvement in the situation at hand

regardless of them being their idols or not, they still had some sort of responsibility considering they had decided to stay in the dark until further notice when the news would hopefully begin to slow down.

it'd be around a week since, and many people had been arrested or had lawsuits filed against them after being caught publicly harassing the members of checkmate and more specifically, mirae.

minho and sohee kept in touch about all of it, making sure their companies weren't keeping loose promises. they also consistently checked in with mirae, who was clearly doing better with her comeback preparations since the lawsuits had been filed.

with a proud smile, sohee entered the kq building and made her way towards the dance room. she felt as though her choreo could use some polishing.

to her surprise, right after tossing her bag onto the couch in the corner of the room, chul and her manager burst into the room. they closed the door behind them and eagerly approached sohee, phones held in her direction, showing the leaked high school images of her and minho.

she gulped, unsure of how to react in this scenario. am i going to get scolded?! why now though?! it's been about a month right? isn't it kind of late- is chul about to cry?!

"sohee~" chul seemed to choke out, whining as his eyes glossed over. "why didn't you tell me you and lee know had history. i wouldn't have been so persistent with how the choreo should be done~" he fake cried, holding onto one of her hands with both of his as he tried to ask for her forgiveness.

her eyes widened, blinking a couple times as she tried to process his reaction. well that's not what i expected... "u-uh uhm well, you didn't know- hey wait don't apologize it's okay- uh-" her manager pulled chul back, rolling his eyes in the process.

"chul don't act like you didn't know, you were gossiping with the staff about it before you approached them with the idea- anyways it seemed like the two of them didn't mind doing it together anyways~" her managers voice switched midway, a teasing tone escaping inside.

to say sohee was surprised would be an understatement. she truly believed that she was about to be scolded rather than whatever was happening right now.

her cheeks flushed red, recalling the tension her and minho felt during the practices and the performance from kbs itself. her face seemed to add fuel to the fire, making her manager and chul both start teasing her.

"whatever whatever, you're cute and all. now let's be real here, something happened riiiighhht???" chul pushed her to the couch, sitting next to her with eager eyes, hoping she'd spill the beans.