42

pulling up at the venue, the 8 members of staryu descended from their van and into the building

pulling up at the venue, the 8 members of staryu descended from their van and into the building. word had gotten out to the public that there'd be a huge idol masquerade off cameras. the paparazzi ate this up, standing on the other side of the blocked off blue carpet that way laid out for the idols.

sohee's now faded lavender hair stood out against her navy blue dress. despite the mask carefully placed onto her face, she was easily recognized by fansites. haeun walked by her side, their arms linked as they entered the venue.

inside the lights were dim but not too dark. staryu was among the first groups there, it was hard to even figure out who else was present in the room with the darker atmosphere and the masks that covered everyone's features.

they wandered around in pairs or a group of 3, each exploring the venue. sohee and nagyung of course, wandered together. nearing the punch table, they recognized the members of checkmate.

mirae came running to the two girls, immediately complimenting them for their outfits. she soon pulled them closer to the rest of her group, all formally meeting each other properly this time.

"i realized i hadn't done this last time but yes! these are my lovely members who are very dear to me!" mirae exclaimed, hugging close to iseul, her leader, who couldn't help but playfully roll her eyes at mirae.

mirae was dressed in a sage green dress that touched the floor beneath her. it was simple, yet elegant. her mask was small on her face, just barely covering her eyes making it easy to know who she was.

nagyung and sohee quickly fell into casual conversation with iseul and a couple other checkmate members. the remainder, like staryu, had dispersed. girl groups were mingling everywhere throughout the venue, boy groups did the same amongst themselves.

it didn't take long for stray kids to stumble into the party. immediately upon entry, beomgyu approached them, dragging jeongin and hyunjin off with him to hangout. changbin had run off to yeonjun and wooyoung that were stood in the corner together not long after.

minho walked with jisung, scanning the venue as they wandered. a small smile crept onto his face as he recalled the memories of his prom night. he looked to his right, from across the room he spotted an all too familiar lavender haired girl.

even with the distance between them, sohee managed to take his breath away. he halted in his steps, confusing jisung as the younger male followed his gaze. jisung scoffed, playfully rolling his eyes.

"well don't just stare at her, approach her dimwit." jisung smacked the back of his shoulder, making minho yelp. he turned around to threaten him but realized people were approaching him. jisung smirked and ran off, likely over to felix who stood with eric and sunwoo of the boyz.

"if it isn't mr lee minho, fancy seeing you here." mirae approached him, her arm linked with sohee's as the three of them were smiling.

"acting like we weren't talking about this in the group chat last night, huh." he retorted, finding it hard to take his eyes off of sohee. she was beautiful, the brightest star in the night sky.