15

present day

present day

the music started and the 5 of them lost themselves in the music, immediately switching on their stage personas as they danced along to the songs that played.

the others sat in shock as they watched the dance lines almost fully synchronize with each other. so precise it was shocking how they came together with ease immediately.

when don't wanna cry by seventeen came on, haeun and jisung both screamed for them in awe at how good they all looked. they were definitely professional dancers, that was for sure. the way they'd found themselves a formation without much effort, the mutual and unspoken agreements to split solos and overall organization.

after the chorus the little countdown voice came on as the five of them smiled at each other with giddy looks to signify how happy they were to be dancing with each other. they waited patiently for the next song and once it came on, sohee and minho immediately snapped their heads towards each other, making the unaware spectating group members cock an eyebrow at the action.

"oh shit i don't know troublemaker- uhm" felix dropped and did the worm in an effort to not lose, hyunjin and eunseo tried to pair up for the duet but it was kind of sloppy and awkward, even at their best efforts.

"just like old times" sohee whispered as she spun herself into minhos arms, immediately allowing her body to move on memory to the music with the boy she'd practice it with for endless hours.

they did their version, losing themselves in the dance moves they created in the past. flawless movements matching each other as they complimented the others presence, not breaking their eye contact as they danced to the song.

felix paused his worm in shock as what he was witnessing, leading hyunjin and eunseo to freeze and stare in awe as well.

the chemistry was so evident between the pair. the air surrounding them felt like a spotlight for the rest to watch in awe. a familiar feeling, sohee felt as though she was back in the old practice room of their old school. minho recalled the late nights they almost got locked in the school for the night due to how long they stayed perfecting their version. they had momentarily forgotten that they weren't alone. that the people they tried so hard to keep the other a secret from, were watching the barrier break down before them.

the bit of the song that only went on for a minute felt like an eternity to everyone in the room. all the jaws were dropped to the floor at the sight in-front of them, both in awe at their dancing and in confusion to the sudden change of demeanour of the two. when it finished the pair smiled at each other and high-fived just like they used to.

"okay what the actual fuck just happened" changbins jaw hung low as he spoke.

"is that even the choreo- no it's not- but you both knew what was- HUH?!" eunseo was so puzzled, trying to piece together what had just happened.

chan walked up to the laptop and paused the music as everyone just continued to stare at minho and sohee who were now getting slightly uncomfortable with the tension in the air.

"both of you sit and explain" yuna blurted before anyone else spoke. it sounded stern and intimidating to the boys, but the girls knew she just wanted her suspicions from last night confirmed.

"i- uhm- well" minho was the one to stutter this time, catching his group mates off guard. minho doesn't get nervous with them. ever.

"you see-" sohee started only to be cut off by hyunjin who should've just kept his mouth shut.

"they dated in high school" the ex-couples heads immediately snapped towards him, making hyunjin yelp and hide behind chan and yuna.

minho and sohee shared a glance before bursting out into fits of laughter. everyone confused as to why they were laughing as hard as they were. sohee toppled over as minho clutched his stomach, both gasping for air.

"eek you two are so similar it's spooky" chaesol shivered from her seat beside jeongin.

chan and yuna just shared a glance and sighed before looking back at them.

"dated?! me and him?! oh my god" sohee played it off the same way she had done it back in front of the jyp and kq ceos when they were called into office.

"hyunjin, hyunjin, hyunjin. i never told you we dated" his mouth laughed but his eyes shot daggers, signifying that he should shut up and play along.

"did i say dated? i meant they were best friends" he laughed nervously. nagyung noticed the awkward situation and played in with her knowledge on everything.

"oh yeah! minhos the best friend you got scouted with from high school!" the groups shared a collective 'ohh'. despite suspicions, it made sense. minho and sohee threw an arm over each other and gave toothy grins.

"yup! been my buddy since we were 14"

nice cover boys, nice cover🫡