22

present day

present day

the day for the weekly idol crossover was upon them and the girl group had just arrived on set for hair and makeup prep. sohee was seated in her chair, allowing the stylist to do whatever she was told to do.

the idol aimlessly scrolled through her social media's, looking at what her fans were posting about her and the remainder of staryu. she laughed upon stumbling upon a ship video of her and nagyung.

"nagyung, look look." she nudged next to her.

"sohee if it's another ship edit of us, i don't want to see it"
"awe don't be mean, i thought we were lovers"
"in your dreams kwon"

nagyung rolled her eyes playfully at her groupmate gripping her heart. she'd hit her shoulder if the makeup artist wasn't in the middle of getting her ready. the pair enjoyed poking fun at the people who'd ship them for simply being as close as they were, although they had to admit that sometimes it was fun to see fans reactions if they'd subtly hold contact of any sort.

-

"welcome to weekly idol!" the host inquired as the groups clapped and cheered enthusiastically from their opposite facing chairs.

"today, we have not one, not two, but 16 guests on our show today. everyone give it up for staryu and stray kids!" he cheered as the camera panned to the groups, everyone waved and did their intros.

the host had asked the groups basic interview questions and asked for inquiry's about their upcoming songs.

"so let's get to the real question here, what's with the two groups promoting together? i'm sure the fans are loving it, but why?" the camera panned over to yuna who was quick to answer.

"oh yes! well basically, as stray kids are our sunbaes and having debuted the same year, it just sort of happened? some of us were already friends with other members after meeting during prior music shows actually. it was by chance that one day our managers decided to put us together" the host simply nodded with a great smile.

"that's amazing! i love hearing about more and more groups interact beyond the cameras, it truly warms my heart- now, onto our first game of the day. may i ask minho to come and join me over here?" the male walked beside the host who stood in front of a table the staff had just rolled in.

"place your hands behind your back," the boy was confused but obliged. the host titled his body over top of the toaster slightly and simply ushered to face the contents.

"now catch!" bread flew out and minhos reflexes moved quickly, catching the bread in his mouth. the room gasped in shock as he managed to catch it, minho dropped the bread and chuckled in excitement at how he even managed to do that. he looked behind him in the direction of sohee, but quickly turned to jisung as the cameras were rolling.

a replay of the event played for everyone as they all watched in awe yet again. sharing a glance, everyone sprung to their feet, pushing their way into a line in front of the toaster to see if they could do the same. eunseo who got first in line winked at the camera infront of her before attempting herself, failing dramatically.

everyone got a chance to go through, everyone had failed until the line reached sohee. the members of both groups and the staff watched with anticipation.

"maybe you guys just suck" she stepped up, waiting for the toaster to pop the toast out. once it did, to everyone's surprise she caught it. spinning around with the bread in mouth, she pointed at it and gave the members who failed a thumbs down.

"see it's not that hard" she winked to a nearby camera after taking the toast out of her mouth.

"amazing, only 2/16 managed to catch the toast. that's better than most actually." sohee stood cockily as she teased the members of her group that were 'bitter' about not succeeding themselves.

"now from what i understand, our two successors are the main dancers from each group?" the pair nodded in response, shooting a thumbs up to the other from their respective seats.

"oh and they're friendly! this is perfect, i'd like the both of you to come out here please and thanks. let's get you guys dancing" they obliged without much of a fight.

"alright alright, the theme will be random dance. whoever doesn't know the dance first or is the first to tap out loses. your members are more than welcome to join in, this will help out your main dancers. the catch is you've gotta stay there once you go though, choose wisely and good luck!" the two shared a competitive glance as they awaited the music to start.

"it's on ms sohee"
"like donkey kong, lee know sunbae"

i keep hesitating to update this like i don't have up till chap 32 sitting in my drafts 😭😭

i call this the exam szn backup system / avoiding another writers block book🤞🤞

s/o to my felix and seungmin books that each took a little over a year to finish😍😍🫶🫶🥰🥰