27

"PICK YOUR POISON" hyori yelled, grabbing eunseo by the wrist and dragging her towards the skateboards as quickly as possible, only to be cut off by nagyung succeeding in cooly flipping the skateboard into her hand and tossing one to sohee

the other 98' liner yelped slightly and barely managed to catch it, clearly unprepared but managed to look cool anyways.

sticking their tongues out at the 98' line, the remainder of staryu grabbed the items they could in hopes of not ending up with the bad items.

there was one long tape on the ground, indicating the makeshift racetrack that they would be competing on. staryu, after winning a rock paper scissors battle, wound up being first to participate in their races.

"the way this works is one teammate will be located at the starting point, whilst the second will be at the halfway point. it's a relay race, tag your teammate to get them to go. order of completion will decide rooms. got it?" a staff's voice sounded through the voice changer, earning lots of thumbs up and hums in understanding.

"on my whistle... ready..."
nagyung steadied her skateboard, eagerly waiting to take off. chaesol tried to position the sand bags strap comfortably to not restrain herself too much.

"set..."
yuna stood like a pro racer, waiting to go in the high heels and eunseo stood uncomfortably upright in attempt to avoid immediately tripping over the long flippers.

TWEEET

the girls took off, the 98' liner effortlessly maneuvered the skateboard along the flattened and packed grass. chaesol impressing the others with her speed despite the sand bags weighing her down.

unsurprisingly, nagyung was first to the halfway point. yelling for sohee to get on the board in order to give her a nudge as they switched.

knees bent. keep your balance. you're fine. it's just like before. just like before...

sohees thoughts reassured her as she recalled how to use the skateboard as it had been so long. nagyungs hands had come in contact with the girls back, causing a grunt to escape her lips upon contact. the gesture allowed for nayoung to take lead with the sandbags. not wanting to do the dishes for the weekend anyways, sohee didn't try to pass.

she used her feet to push her along the other half of the course. the young adults ego was too high to come in any place lower than second as she sped up against the sprinting hyori with her flippers on. sohee felt the board become looser beneath her but was almost there. using all her might she pushed herself over the finish line before stumbling off the board and onto her poor manager. regardless, she had completed the race in second place.

unbeknownst to her, a smile grew on minhos face as he recalled being the one to teach her how to ride a skateboard. he shook it off quickly to avoid the rest of skz realizing and continued to watch the race with minimal interest.

the race finished with haeun coming in last, yuna came over to console the pouting 00' liner, reassuring her that cooking will be fun and the room really wasn't all that big a deal.

-

following the lunchtime races, each pair had set themselves up in their respective rooms before returning back to the campfire via their staffs command. the room selection was hectic and resulted in the weekends chef's being stuck with the small room on the main level with floor futons.

a trumpet sounded through the camp, startling the idol groups as they looked around in attempt to figure out what the sound was for. acting as the groups mc's for the trip, nayoung and changbin approached the staffs and received the game cards from them.

"for the next segment of the day, both teams will be participating in a randomly sorted team game of manhunt. it'll be four teams of four with an alternating system of 'taggers'. each team will be granted with 20 minutes of being 'it'. by the end of their time, the number of players captured will be recorded and whichever team successfully captures the most people will win. the prize will be a snack supply, not open to the remaining teams for the remainder of the weekend." changbin started, looking over at nayoung for her to continue.

"to decide teams, everyone will come forward and randomly pick a paper from the box. the colour written on the paper is indicated on staff members that will provide a tshirt in that colour. order of taggers will proceed as : red, blue, green and white. teams will separate and place themselves anywhere in the indicated play zone. a trumpet will play to signal when to start and when the taggers switch" everyone hummed in comprehension as nayoung tapped the box that had been placed next to her on a table.

"well, i'll go first" the idols followed suit, calmly grabbing a piece of paper before walking towards the staff member that held their tshirts.

-

the trumpet rang throughout the play area as the teams were seperated into teams of four. sohee sat with her team, team white, behind a bush. jisung, nagyung and eunseo all crouched around, simply waiting for any signs of movement.

"who's on the red team again?" eunseo quietly asked her teammates.

"uhm i saw jeongin and seungmin get red before i picked my own," nagyung explained.

"chaesol left for red just before me and then sohee was after so we just don't know the fourth." jisung recalled his own order. the three girls nodded in response.

silence overtook them again, nagyung moved off her  crouched position to sit fully on the ground. she looked into her camera that was attached around her waist and began quietly talking to it, eunseo took sight of the one in the tree just above and began playing with how it moved to follow her movements.

jisung and sohee wound up in a small conversation about training and whatever else came to mind. only stopping when they saw felix, hyori, haeun and hyunjin on team blue quietly creep by.

"we just ran from red, lost sight of them though"

i miss playing manhunt in elementary school

side note. GUESS WHOS PLAYING HEATHER DUKE IN THEIR DRAMA CLASS' LIPSYNC BATTLE 😍😍😍🤞🤞🤞

wattpad is acc so crazy bc like y'all are reading my silly lil stray kids fanfic, without a clue (nor care) or who the author is when irl i'm an academic WEAPON (not) as a theatre and science student 😎😎