41

present day - october

by the time mid-october had rolled around, the two groups were practically running around, working days and nights with hardly any rest.

stray kids had recently released their pre-release 'double knot' and have been promoting it endlessly. staryu spent their days in the recording studio and dance rooms as the prepared for their next comeback for the new year that'll be their first full album.

stress had ravaged the minds of all these young adults and teenagers, as they all tirelessly prepared for each and every upcoming event that would take place within the next two months.

the end of the year was a stressful time for the idols. many different award shows and events were coming up, leaving the idols only so much time to prepare unique stages for each one.

as much pain as it brought them, they knew their hard work would pay off. after all this is the idol life they'd all dreamt of, the idol life that gave them energy as they danced and sang their hearts out in front of their fans.

staryu let out sighs of relief as their producer dismissed them all to go home for the night. tomorrow would finally be their day off, also known as their day to go shopping for the outfits they wished to wear to the ikigayo masquerade.

their stylists were going to pick something out for them when they got the chance, but wanting to spend time together like regular girls, the members of staryu requested that they go off to decide for themselves.

it was an innocent request that their staff gave in to. they'd been with the girls for a year and a half now and know how much they've given up for their careers, they truly admire them and wish them well.

loading back into their van, most of the girls fell asleep. hyori put her headphones on, nuzzling herself into the hood of her sweater as she leant against the headrest. chaesol seated next to her, leaning her head on her shoulder as she aimlessly replied to messages on her phone. 

the ride back to their dorm was short, but that didn't stop the 8 girls from all falling asleep. their manager smiled softly at them, carefully waking up yuna on the end.

"hmm? back already? okay i'll wake them up." their leader tiredly but gently awoke her members, guiding them out of the vehicle and into their dormitory.

feeling too tired to freshen up entirely, they all collapsed onto their beds after splashing their faces with water. drifting off to sleep almost immediately.

nagyung was the first to wake up, her body clock making her unable to sleep in past 7:30 as she strode off to the kitchen to start brewing coffee.

it wasn't until 9 that the rest of staryu slowly began making their appearances from their rooms and into the living room where nagyung had situated herself. haeun flopped into the spot next to her, turning the tv on to watch the newest 'running man' episode.