chapter 22

I shower, shave my legs and wash my hair. When I get out, I dry and curl my hair and do my makeup. I put on my dress and the corsage derek gave me and I'm ready.

Cristina arrives and we take some pictures before driving to the prom. Cristina doesn't have a date either so we're both dancing in the middle of the room with our other friends. I'm miserable.

A little while later they say that they're going to announce the prom king and Queen. Everyone looks at the stage.

"Our prom King is.. Andrew deluca" she says, opening the envelope. Everyone cheers and claps as he walks onto the stage and collects the crown. I sigh.

"I need to go" I say to cristina. "What?" She says. "He leaves in 30 minutes.. its a 25 minute walk to his house" I say.

"And our prom queen is meredith grey!" She says. Everyone cheers. Cristina looks at me. "Here" she passes me her car key. "Do not crash!" She warns.

"Thankyou" I hug her, running out before anyone can see me. I get In her car and drive to his house.

I knock on the door. Carol opens it. "Hi" I say. "Wow meredith, you look beautiful" she says. "Thsnkyou" I smile.

"Is he here?" I ask. "He left" she says. "What?" I say disappointed. "He went to find you" she says. "I gotta go" I say. She nods. "Bye Mrs shepherd" I run back to the car.

I speed to school. I get out and run into the building. I gasp as I bump into someone. "I'm sorry i-" I stop, a smile appearing on my face.

I scan his body. He's wearing a blue suit that matches my corsage and dress. He looks so good.

"I wanted to see you before I left" he says. "I was just at your house" I say. "I wasn't there" he says. "I noticed" I giggle.

He looks me up and down. "You look gorgeous" he says. I smile, blushing. "You look very handsome" i say. He smiles.

"Why were you looking for me?" He asks. "I just.. I needed to say-" I say. He puts his hand on the small of my back, gently pulling me closer so my body is pressed against his.

I look into his eyes. He presses our lips together, kissing me deeply. I hesitantly wrap my arms around his neck, kissing him back. I can't believe this is happening.. HE'S KISSING ME.

my back arches slightly and I wrap my arms tighter around his neck. He holds me closer, wrapping his arms tight around my waist.

We pull away slowly, looking Into eachothers eyes. "You wanna dance?" He whispers. "Yeah.. but I don't wanna go back in there.. I didn't get my crown" I chuckle softly.

"Come on" he holds my hand. He leads me to a classroom. My eyes light up and a huge smile appears on my face. The classroom lights are off and there's fairylights all over the room.

You can hear the slow music still, coming from the hall where the proms being held. "I had to do this in five minutes so if its-" he says. "Its perfect" I interrupt him. He smiles.

He holds out his hand to me. I grin, taking it. He gently pulls me closer. We dance to the slow music. A giggle escapes my lips as he spins me around and dips me down.

I look into his eyes. He kisses me passionately. We stand back up straight. I run my fingers through his hair as we kiss until we're both left breathless.

We pull away slowly. "Congratulations by the way.. prom queen" he smiles. I grin. "Why don't you go get your crown?" He asks. I shake my head.

"You want me to get it for you?" He asks. I smile, nodding. "I feel bad for not going on stage.. but I had to find you" I say. "I'll get it for you.. one minute" he says.

"Don't leave" I say nervously. He smiles. "Of course not.. I'll be right back" he says. He walks out. I put my hand on my stomach, trying to stop the butterflies.

He comes back a few minutes later. He walks over to me. I smile as he puts the crown ontop of my head. "You look perfect" he whispers. I smile brightly. "Thankyou" I giggle.

He chuckles. "What?" I ask. "I kissed the prom queen" he grins. I giggle, shaking my head. "Nerd" I say. "Mhm.. you love it" he says. I giggle.

He looks at his watch. He sighs. "I'm really sorry.. I have to go" he says. "Please don't" I hold his hand. He looks into my eyes.

"My flights in 30 minutes.. I have to go" he whispers. I look down tearfully. "Hey" he whispers, putting his finger on my chin, making me look at him.

"Don't cry.. you look way too gorgeous to ruin your makeup right now" he grins. I giggle.

"Can I keep your glasses as something to remember you by?" I take his glasses. "I'm not dying!.. and no, I'm blind without them" he chuckles. I giggle.

"Although you do look very cute wearing them" he smiles. I grin. He takes them back, putting them on. "I really have to go" he whispers.

I hug him tight. I snuggle my face into his neck, smelling the faint scent of his cologne. He hugs me back tighter. "You're the only person I let hug me, you know?" He says. I smile.

We eventually pull away slowly. "Bye der" I whisper. "Bye" he smiles small. He puts his hands on my cheeks. My back arches and I wrap my arms around his neck as he kisses me passionately.

We pull away slowly. He kisses my cheek softly. He walks past me, slowly moving his hand out of mine as he walks out of the room.

Tears run down my cheeks. I run out of the classroom. "Der" I say. He turns around to look at me. I wrap my arms around his neck, hugging him tight. He pulls me into his arms.

"I hope you have a really good time in london" I say. "I hope you'll keep your grades up without me here" he says. I giggle.

I pull away. "Okay, go" I giggle, wiping my tears. He smiles. He walks away and leaves. I sigh. I walk home after giving Cristina her car keys back.