chapter 100

I'm laid on my bed, watching my phone. There's a knock at the door. "Yeah?" I ask. Derek walks in. I put my phone down, sitting up.

"Hi" I say. I frown as I look into his eyes. He makes eye contact and immediately breaks down, tears running down his cheeks.

"Come here" I say. He sits on the bed. I wrap my arms around him. He buries his face into my chest. He wraps his arms tight around my waist, holding onto me.

My mom sees us from the hallway. She furrows her brows. "What did you do?" She mouths. "Nothing.. I don't know" I mouth back, kinda panicked.

I stroke his hair gently. I feel my shirt getting wet from his tears. My mom slowly closes my door for me.

"What's wrong?" I ask. "I-" he stops, choking up. "Okay, don't talk.. just lay down" I whisper. He lays down with his head on my lap.

I pull a blanket over him and take off his glasses, wiping his tears. He's still holding my spare hand, our fingers entwined as I use the other to stroke his hair gently. I kiss his head.

He eventually falls asleep on my lap. I very carefully move from under him, putting a pillow under his head instead. I go downstairs.

"What happened?" My Mom asks as I walk into the living room. "I have no idea.. he just came into my room and started crying.. he fell asleep" I say.

"Whats wrong with him?" She asks. "I don't know.. how many times do I have to tell you" I say. "Well go and find out" she says.

"I don't know what to do! He's never just broke down like that before" I whisper. "Just be nice to him honey, I'm sure it'll be fine" she says.

I go to the kitchen, grab a bottle of water and go upstairs to my room. I sit next to him. "Der" I tap his arm gently. He squeezes his eyes shut.

"Derek" I whisper, kissing his cheek. His eyes flutter open. "Hey" I run my fingers through his hair. He sits up slowly.

"Hey, you okay?" I put my hands on his cheeks. "I can't see you properly" he says. I pass him his glasses. He puts them on.

"What happened?" I ask. "Eddie was winding me up about our relationship.. he said you're too good for me and you'll dump me soon" he says. I roll my eyes. That's not true.

"Wait.. Eddie your cousin.. from London?" I ask. "He's staying with us for a while" he says. I scoff.

"I just told him to leave me alone but he punched me and started hitting me" he says. "I thought your eye was just stolen from crying" I sigh, running my finger along it.

"I'll kill him" I say. I hug him. He wraps his arms around me. I smile small.

We pull away slowly. "Come on" I get up, holding my hand out. "Are you really going to kill him?" He takes my hand, standing up. "Yep" I lead him downstairs.

"Mom we're going to Derek's house.. we'll me back in a bit.. he can stay over tonight, right?" I ask. "Sure" she says. We leave and he drives us to his house.

We arrive and I tell him to wait in the car. I go and knock on the front door. Carol opens it. "Oh, hi meredith" she says.

"Hi.. is Eddie here? I need to have a word with him" I say. She let's me in.  "Derek's with you, isn't he? He was upset when he left I think" she asks. "He is.. Eddie hit him" I say. She looks at me shocked.

"Are you gonna-" she stops as I walk into the living room. "Meredith" Eddie smiles, looking my body up and down. "What the fuck Is your problem?" I ask.

He stands up. "What?" He asks, still smiling. "You hurt him" I say. "He hit me first" he says. "Derek is the least violent person I know.. no, he didn't" I say.

"Your boyfriends a child.. he can't even fight back" he sits on the couch. "How about I beat your ass for him" I step closer. He chuckles. "Say something about derek again" I say.

He sits up, looking into my eyes. "Derek is a pussy" he says. I punch him in the face literally as hard as I can.

"Meredith!" Carol says. I walk over to her. She leads me to the door as I shake my hand. "That hurt so fucking bad" I whisper. She chuckles softly.

"Why is his head so hard" I say. She laughs. "Probably hollow inside" she says. I chuckle.

"I'm sorry for.. punching your nephew" I say. "Hes an asshole" she says. I smile. "I gotta go" I say. We say bye and I go back out to the car.

I get in. "What happened?" He asks. "I punched the fucker in the face" I say. "Meredith!" He says. "Wha-" I ask shocked. He's upset?

"Why would you do that without me there?" He whines. I giggle. He holds my hand, kissing it softly. I smile. "You okay?" He asks. I nod. He drives us back to my house to ice my knuckles.