chapter 19

Derek's pov:
I walk into school. I furrow my brows as I see meredith hugging cristina by the lockers. It looks like she's crying.

I walk over to her. "Hey what's-" I say. She moves into my arms, hugging me tight. She cries into my chest.

"She watched 'the originals' finale last night" cristina says. I look at her confused. "Its a TV show.. they die at the end" she whispers. "..okay?" I raise my brow.

"Just be nice to her.. she's going through a lot right now" she pats her on the back. she walks away. I smile, shaking my head.

"Hey" I whisper. She pulls away slowly. She looks into my eyes. I wipe her tears. "Has anyone ever told you you're a drama queen?" I say. Her lip trembles.

"I'm teasing you.. come on" I keep my arm wrapped around her shoulder, leading her to class. We walk in and go to the back.

"Come here" I gently pull her sideways onto my lap. I wrap my arms around her waist. "You okay?" I ask. She shakes her head.

"You wanna watch Bridget Jones diary?.. I brought earphones" I run my fingers through her hair. She smiles, nodding. I wipe her tears. We both put in an airpod each.

I put on the movie. She rests her head against mine, cuddling Into me as we watch it. We're in form so we don't have anything to do anyway.

Meredith's pov:
I'm sat on his lap infront of everyone In class watching a movie. Butterflies flutter in my stomach as he runs his hand up and down my side, resting it on my waist.

A notification pops up on his phone. He swipes it away quickly. I furrow my brows. "What was that?" I ask. "Nothing" he says.

I swipe to look at the notification. He doesn't stop me. I read it. I gasp. "Derek, you've been accepted for that course thing in London!" I look at him.

"Are you not excited?" I ask. "I am.. I just- I didn't expect to actually get accepted" he says. "Do you not want to go?" I ask, trying to hide the hint of hope in my voice.

"Yeah, I really do.. I just- I don't know if we can afford it" he says quietly.

"No, der.. you have to go.. its a massive opportunity" I say. I'm shocked by the words that come out of my mouth... I dont want him to go.

"I could get a job" he says. "I could help?" I say. "No, absolutely not" he shakes his head. "Why? I wanna help you" I say. "I know, but I can't- not with money" he says. I sigh.

"Fine, but you're going.. if you want" I say. "Can you come to mine after school? To study for our biology exam next week?" He asks. "Theres an exam mext week?" I ask. He chuckles softly, nodding.

"Yeah, that'd be good" I say. "Okay" he says. I grab his phone, turning the movie back on. I rest my head on his shoulder as we keep watching the movie until class ends and we go to our next class.

At the end of the day I go outside. I wait for derek but he doesn't show up. I look around. His car is still in the parking lot but he's not In it. I go back inside.

I go to the classroom he was in last period. He's not here. I go back out. I raise my brow, going into the boys toilets.

"Derek" I rush over to him as I see him leaning over the sink, blood dripping from his face.

I put my hands on his shoulders, turning him around to look at me. I grab some tissues, cleaning up his cuts.

He sits on the counter. I step between his legs as I use tissue and water to clean up the blood on his face. I gently wipe a tear that runs down his cheek.