chapter 63

I walk to the back of the class were he's sat, sitting next to him. "Hi cutie" I kiss his cheek. "Hi babe" he whispers, concentrating on taking notes.

"Did you take notes for me too?" I ask. "Just copy these" he says. "I'll be back.. don't have too much fun without me" I tease, kissing his cheek. I stand up and walk out of class. I go to the girls toilets.

I come back out and go to class. I sit next to him. "I'm back.. did you miss me?" I grin. "Uhuh" he says, not listening. I chuckle.

I rest my head on the table, wrapping my arms around myself to hide my face. I smile as I feel him wrap His arm around me, snuggling his face next to mine on the desk.

"You okay?" I ask. "Mhm" he hums. "I'm tired.. I hate the new pills I'm taking" he whispers. I pull away. I stroke his back gently, running my hand up his shirt to tickle his skin gently.

"Go to sleep.. I'll wake you up if anyone notices" I whisper. "I can't" he says. "You can" I say. "I'll get into trouble" he says.

"I'll wake you up before the teacher notices" I say "You promise?" He asks. "Of course" I whisper. "Mhm okay.. keep scratching my back" he says. I smile.

He ends up falling asleep. "Der?" I whisper, just to make sure. I rest my head on his back, wrapping my arms around him. I close my eyes.

"Meredith grey and derek shepherd!" I hear the teacher yell. "Mhm what?" I look at him, opening my eyes. "What? What?! You fell asleep in my class and you're asking me what?!" He yells.

Everyone in the class snickers and laughs. I try to hold my own laugh in. Derek sighs. "I'm sorry sir" he says quietly. "Both of you in detention tomorrow" he says. "What?" Derek says. "You heard me" the teacher says.

Derek doesn't talk for the rest of the lesson. At the end of the school day I try to find him because he said that we could sleep at his house today but he already left.

I decide to walk to his house anyway. Maybe he just forgot? I knock on the door. Carol let's me in. We say hi and I go up to Derek's room.

"Baby? You left me at school.. I had to walk by myself" I walk into his room. "Well, you survived" he says sarcastically.

"Wait.. are you mad at me?" I chuckle. "You told me you'd wake me up!" He yells. I groan. "I'm sorry, I fell asleep" I chuckle.

"Meredith, this is my first detention ever.. I need a good record to get into a good college" he says. "Derek, I am sorry.. but how is it my responsibility to wake you up?" I roll my eyes. 

"I didn't even want to go to sleep in the first place.. you told me to.. you promised you'd wake me up!" He says.

"Der, do you want to hang out or not.. I'm bored of this argument already" I say. "No.. I- I need a break" he says. Thank god. "Great" I say.

"No, not a break from arguing.. a break from you" he says. I look at him shocked. "Because I didn't wake you up?.. thats ridiculous" I chuckle nervously.

"No, because when I'm with you I'm constantly getting in trouble.. and I hate it! You're making me do bad at school and that's the complete opposite of who I am" he says.

"That's not my fault" I say. "No, it's not.. its mine.. I become someone else when I'm with you" he says. "I like who you are" I say. "I don't know if I do.." he says.

"Derek" I say. He looks into my eyes. "You want a break?" I whisper. He nods. "I need one" he says. Rage fills my veins.

"You're a fucking asshole.. yesterday you were saying that you love me and you never want to be away from me and now you want a fucking break? A break?!" I yell. "Meredith" he says calmly.

"Fuck you and your stupid fucking break" I grab the picture of us off of his drawers, throwing it onto the floor. The glass smashes.

"You're a fucking asshole" I say. "Are you deranged?" He looks at the shattered picture on the floor.

"Fuck you!" I walk over to him. He steps back. "You're going to regret this" I say. "I bet I am" he mumbles. Tears run down my cheeks. I push him back onto his bed and walk out of the room. I go home.