chapter 71

Derek's pov:
I stayed up all night last night. Truthfully, I haven't slept for days. I can't.

Meredith is still sleeping in my arms. I smile, looking at her. I brush a strand of her hair out of her face. How is she this gorgeous even when she's asleep.

She bites her lip. I smile. She moans quietly in her sleep. I wonder what she's dreaming about. I wince quietly as her nails dig into my stomach.

She pushes her face into my neck, moaning quietly into it. Wait. Is she.. she's not, is she? She wraps her leg around my waist. I chuckle softly.

Her moans get a little louder. "Meredith" I whisper. I shake her gently. She rolls onto her back. "Mer" I brush her hair out of her face. "Mhm derek" she moans. My eyes go wide.

I sit up slightly, looking down at her. She's having a sex dream about me? "Derek" she moans again. She opens her eyes. "Derek" she sits up. "Yeah, I'm here baby what's wrong?" I brush her hair out of her face.

She looks into my eyes. "You're here" she says. I nod. She looks around. She sighs quietly. She lays back down.

"I was having a really good dream" she mumbles. I bet she was. "You get much sleep?" She sits back up, leaning against the headboard. "What were you dreaming about?" I change the subject.

"I'm not telling you" she says. I chuckle softly. "You're sweating.. was it a nightmare?" I ask, trying to tease her as much as I can. "Um.. no" she shakes her head.

"What do you want to do today? We could do something together" I run my hand up and down her bare thigh gently. She looks at my hand. She must already be turned on from the dream. This will drive her crazy.

"Mer?" I ask. "Um" she stops. I smirk slightly as her breathing gets heavier. "Mereddiithh?" I smile. "We could-" she stops, gently pulling my hand away and holding it instead, further away from her thigh.

"You still feel ill?" I ask as she starts coughing. "Mhm a little" she whines, putting her hand on her throat. "Well we can stay here then" I say. "You sure?" She asks. "Of course.. I dont want you getting more ill" I say.

She gets up. "What you doing?" I ask. "Getting paracetamol" she says, going into the medicine cabinet.

She walks back over. "Here" she passes me my antidepressants and a glass of water. "Thanks" I say. I notice that she watches me as I take it. She takes the paracetamol and puts the glass of water aside.

"How do you feel today?" She asks. "I don't know yet.. its only morning" I shrug. "So far?" She asks. "So far.. really good" I say. She smiles.

"Yeah I'm really happy after finding out you were having a sex dream about me!" I say. Her cheeks go a deep red. "What? No I wasn't!" She giggles. She pushes me playfully.

She hides her face in her hands, turning away. "Oh, are you embarrassed now?" I tease, pulling her back onto my lap. She giggles, wriggling on my lap as I tickle her stomach.

"What? Was I humping your leg or something in my sleep?" She glares at me. "No, just digging your nails into me and moaning" I smirk. She giggles, blushing harder.

"You're such an asshole.. I can't believe you wouldn't tell me!" She hits me. "I didn't want to embarrass you" I say. "But you just told me!" She exclaims. "I wanted to see you blush" I grin. She giggles.

"I hate you so much.. I'm not speaking to you ever again now" she says. She climbs off of me and stands up. She giggles, running into the bathroom. I chuckle.

I get up, following her. She's sat on the counter, still blushing hard. She looks down at her lap. I chuckle softly. "I found it really hot, actually" I walk over to her.

"You did?" She looks into my eyes. "Mhm" I grin. She giggles. "I actually hate you.. don't ever tell anyone about this" she says. "I promise.. now stop running around" I lift her off the counter.

"You should relax when you're ill" I lead her into the bedroom. "Stop stressing me out then!" She giggles. I chuckle. "I'm sorry" I kiss her cheek.

We climb into bed. "Can we watch a movie?" She asks. "Sure" I say. She puts a movie on the tv before snuggling into me.

It's halfway through the movie and I hear her sniffle. "Are you crying?" I chuckle. "How are you not?! Its so sad" she says. I grin, shaking my head.

My phone buzzes. I pick it up, looking at it. Its Andy. I read the message.

Andy: you wanna meet up later? For a little fun... no strings attached. x

I look at meredith. Her heads resting on my chest. She moves her hand up, wiping her tears as the couple on the screen kiss. I smile, putting my phone back down. I wrap my arms around her, kissing her head.

"I miss having a boyfriend" she sniffles. I smile. "Whys that?" I ask. "It made me feel really special and loved.. appreciated" she says. "I know what you mean" I whisper.

"But I don't need a relationship to be happy.. I'm fucking amazing single" she says. I smile. "Yeah, yes you are" I say. She smiles, looking at me.

I wipe her tears. "You're adorable" I tease. She giggles, nudging me. "Shut up" she says. She cuddles back into me. I pick up my phone.

Me: I can't today andy sorry

I put down my phone and wrap my arms around her again as we watch the rest of the movie.